Lakewood, WA

Custer Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2013
The school has some great teachers who have a lot of experience. The school also has a great special education program. However, the school is obviously very underfunded- the school isn't big enough for the amount of students (my son's classroom is one room split into a classroom and the PT department), they do have outdated technology, the Custer webpage is NEVER updated, and I'm not impressed with some of the staff (it's nearly impossible to get any info from the office). I've also NEVER met the principal out of 3 years of my son going to the school (and that woman never smiles). The school is also very unorganized prior to the first day of school. Last year we found out about the ice cream social only a day prior to the event. They never send out fliers anymore.

Custer Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2013
This school needs lot of improvement. First of all there is no standards or curriculum in place. Kindergarten teachers Mrs. Brown/James were up to the par (i.e, they knew what they were teaching and my kid loved to go to school for that fact.). When it was first grade Mrs. Siebert took care of the kids in her class, she is knowledgeable, great teacher and communicated well about the issues quickly. Second grade was worse here for my kid, the teacher did not teach any thing at all. All I saw was bunch of color papers coming home. so my kid literally didn't learn anything. Here comes third grade where all the math started out of no where, the teacher didn't teach much in the class but they have to do the homework to get the points. What does that say?? The new principal? forget about her I never saw her smiling back or saying hello.

Custer Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
The communication between student/teacher, parent/teacher, principal/parent needed great improvements. Are child went here last year . They got a new principal that acted to not care to do her job or care about what was happening with are child . Are child had things going on with her health so she would miss some school so for her to get back up to where the other kids was not easy . The teacher did not seem to have a heart to that she worked her so hard it was sad . Are child wanted so badly to make her teacher happy but all the teacher would do was work her harder . Then are child mood became to weaken due to the kids there was so mean to her . I went to the school and they would not due any thing . She had to start seeing a Dr to talk about her feelings due what was happening to her at this school . We had to pull her out it was so sad to see my child go from loving school to worried and sad to go . We now have her in CVA and love it . I only give it a one because at the start we loved her teacher but as time went her teacher would be out more and would just not be so caring .

Posted April 27, 2009
This is a good school like most city schools if your kid goes here you need to be a part in helping you kid to be the best they can be cause school in under staffed

Custer Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2009
This school lacks many things! My child studies from old ripped up books, they have outdated technology, and the teachers are too lenient. If your child likes their teacher, the teacher is not doing their job. They do not assign enough homework or check it. I do not think they do a good job of preparing the children for Jr. High.

Posted April 08, 2007
I have had a wonderful experience with my son at Custer Elementary School. The staff goes out of their way to help him. The possibilities are unlimited. There is a genuine care for my son's educational well-being. The lines of communication are open, and staff puts just as much effort as I as a parent, and my son as a student does. Excellent teamwork!

Posted May 26, 2005
This is a great school with unlimited potintial for your childs educational goals and needs.

Custer Elementary School
7700 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA  98498
Last modified Custer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Custer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top