Lakewood, WA

Posted May 13, 2014
My sons in 6th grade here and we love it! The staff openly communicates with parents and students. Progress reports are emailed every two weeks so you can easily detect missing assignments and keep up on grades and progress. Teachers have websites with assignments for the week which is extremely helpful. They encourage academic excellence and encourage students to take pride in their work. My son is in the Accelerated Student Program, which has proved very challenging. For a kid who has never struggled in school, the homework load has been shockingly overwhelming which makes it hard to participate in sports. The homework is not necessarily hard, just time consuming - some of it seems like "busy work" rather than reinforcing a new concept. I would give 4 stars due to the homework load, but I hear most teachers are better about this. Great athletic coaches encourage good moral character and grades always come first. PTA and staff actively invite parent participation.

Hudtloff Middle School 1

Posted March 27, 2014
If you have a kid in Special Education do not let them go to this school. One of the teachers had a picture of a questionable person on the wall and seemed interested in teaching football than educating very vulnerable kids who need help through no fault of their own. The assistants aren't very well trained either and follow the lead of the teacher.

Posted August 11, 2013
I love what this school offers for my child. She likes going to school and we both love the diversity of students. The teachers seem genuinely concerned with how my daughter is progressing. The school has a great vibe to it.

Posted March 30, 2013
I'm currently a student at this school, and I absolutely love it! The teachers and academics are amazing, our test scores have been improving every year. Core classes for all students include math, science, language arts, and social studies. The athletics are the best ever!. We have sports including tennis, soccer, fastpitch, baseball, football, basketball, track, cross-country, and many more! When it comes to lunch we have outstanding food options. These include a variety of pizza, customly made sub sandwiches, burgers, and salads. The first fifteen minutes of lunch are specifically for eating while the second fifteen may be used for eating, playing foosball, ping pong, basketball, tag, or for doing homework. We also have an ala carte where you may buy pretzels, pizza sticks, chips, or any other great snacks. We also have a student store and vending machines that offer similar products. Spirit days are one of the best features at our school. But, I would have to say the best are the dances. We have all different themes for dances and a spectacular dj. Some dances are immediately after school, and some are at night. We just got a new school and it's fantastic. Go Canes!!!

Hudtloff Middle School 3

Posted March 19, 2012
Both daughters went here for couple years. Teachers are good and have caring attitude. Office personnel were always kind, never heard them talk negative, just very helpful. Now the fellowship that my daughters had there, different story there are many kids being brought in on buses from slum apts near this school..just problem kids that dont really want to be at school but to make other kids uncomfortable with their bullying..and stealing goes on there too. Don't send your kids to school here with anything expensive..even nice coat..it will be stolen. Took my girls out early just so they would not have to deal with all the negative vulgar mouth acting other kids there. Sad they dont have a better discipline program there to get the riff raff out. We now are doing online learning and is great but daughter does miss the nice teachers she had.

Posted May 25, 2011
Both of my boys attended Hudtloff this school year (2010-2011) and we found it to be an exceptional school, especially compared to the other middle schools we had the option to attend. Both my sons are in the Highly Capable program and they were not being challenged at their previous schools. Hudtloff HiCap program has excellent teachers and the staff at the school has always shown great interest in helping every student excel in their classes. Parent/teacher communication has been great in my experience. If my son is missing an assignment, I receive an email from his teacher that very day. They send home weekly progress reports, and any email or voicemail I have left for any staff at the school has always been promptly returned. The choice of after school activities is also really good compared to the other schools my children attended and we are thankful for that because they really enjoy sports, and my 6th grader has especially enjoyed being in MESA this year. Overall, I think Hudtloff is one of the best middle schools in the Lakewood area.

Posted January 31, 2011
Being a homeschool mom for years it was a challenge to find a 'good' school for my daughter. Hudtloff has staff and principal that are truly caring adults for the kids. It has been nothing but very good experience for my daughter. Very positive learning environment!

Hudtloff Middle School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
Hudtloff is a great school! Teachers don't let you get away from any subject withoutmaking sure you understand it , the principal is very encouraging and most of the other staff is nice. We can get involved in after school clubs and sports and the ASB is awesome! 6th grade wouldn't have been better anywhere else!:)

Hudtloff Middle School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Its a great school they are great with the kids and theycare

Hudtloff Middle School 4

Posted August 21, 2009
As a parent with a recently graduated 8th grade student I must say, we will miss Hudtloff. I was impressed by the creativity of the staff, dedication to seeing student achievement increase district wide and the communication by the teachers, administration and PTA to the parents. The new parent assist module online allowed us to easily access grades and see progress for our student each week. Middle school is a tough age for parents and probably for teachers too but the staff at Hudtloff worked hard to make it a great experience. Now, off to high school!

Hudtloff Middle School
7702 Phillips Rd, Lakewood, WA  98498
Last modified Hudtloff Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hudtloff Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top