Posted December 01, 2014
My 5th Grader has a severe trauma from previous bad teachers. I searched for a great school that will help my daughter improve. When we found Idlewild, we knew it was going to change everything and we are pleased at how much our daughter has improved. They care about children's academics as much as the children's social and emotional well being. Idlewild's greatest weapon for good is having to be a part of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program. We are thankful to all the staff and teachers there.

Posted October 06, 2014
This school is amazing. If you're living in Lakewood and you actually care about your child's education and who they're interacting with, then you want your kids in Idlewild! The pta is very active and when parents are involved, you know it's a good sign. My son is having a great experience here and is very happy.

Posted June 22, 2014
We have been to other schools in Clover Park S D...nothing comes close to Idlewild. The IB curriculum has been amazing and the fact they teach Spanish has been a Blessing. The staff, teachers and principal make it a fun and excellent school for children. Learning doesn't have to be boring! Thanks to all who have helped my child especially Mrs. Bryant.

Posted May 23, 2014
Both my children have attended Idlewild and I have been so impressed with the education they have received. I chose Idlewild and waivered my kids in because of the caring teachers who challenge the students with many different ways of teaching. Idlewild is an International Baccalaureate candidate school which has also enhanced my kids learning including teaching a foreign language (Spanish). The parent involvement is great and we are always welcomed to help in the classroom and at family events. I highly recommend this school.

Idlewild Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2014
I have been trying to work with my student's teacher from the beginning of the year and yet every time we develop a plan which is really to keep the teacher more structured it has changed when I check back in with no reason given. The principal is unprofessional and takes repeated e-mails and phone calls to get a response and still does not help resolve issues.

Posted August 27, 2013
Best school in tacoma by far. Kids learn spanish and really great personal skills with their program. Basically to develop well rounded little people. Its amazing. I love this place as do my children.

Posted January 30, 2013
My son is in Kindergarten here. We have been pleasantly suprised. We had heard about the school from friends, and enrolled early into the full day program. It's a good thing we did because there was a waiting list. They have an amazing PTA of which I am a first time member, and am seeing how busy they are trying to make the school experience exceptional for the kids. My son is learning a second language in an actual class they go to. There's a "Spanish Teacher"! They have after school activities such as chess club, and band. I am excited for the next 5 years here. I don't know about past experiences from other parents, but I know that I am happy with mine, and have heard nothing but good things. :)

Posted November 14, 2012
This school has been a breath of fresh air. The faculty and administration really understand what it takes to develop life learners. My sons love to learn, and really enjoy school. Having come from another school in the district, I am so happy with the way things are handled here. I am a spouse of a soldier, and I'm glad to see discipline problems handled quickly and effectively. Bullying is definitely squashed here, much to my delight. I can't say enough great things, and I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for the best education for their child. Idlewild continuously challenges my children to push themselves towards their best work. An IB school has a different testing schedule, so don't let the test scores scare you away!

Idlewild Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2012
I am continuously disappointed by this school. They do not understand the challenges facing military families or single mothers. They are quick to suspend for ridiculous reasons, like a child being mouthy or obstinate. They are more about bullying the strong willed child into submission rather than guiding and building their character. I have spoken with other military moms about their similar struggles with this school. If I had not promised my son stability, I would transfer schools in a heartbeat. Highly unsatisfactory conflict mediation program.

Posted September 12, 2009
I worked for an after-school program at Idlewild and really enjoyed this school. The teachers and faculty are very caring and the students are an overall great group. Idlewild is just a nice environment and if I had a school-aged child I would love for her to attend school here.

Idlewild Elementary School
10806 Idlewild Rd SW, Lakewood, WA  98498
Last modified Idlewild Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idlewild Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top