Lakewood, WA

Mann Middle School 2

Posted April 25, 2015
Not a good experience. My child is in 6th grade and has had problems with bullying. A girl in one of his classes got beat up by another student and sent to the hospital. He says there's kids getting busted for drugs and the cursing is out of control. Even his bus driver turns a blind eye to what's going on. There are a few ladies in the office and a couple of his teachers are really nice. They are the only reason my review is not 1 star. His other teachers are rude and don't care at all. They wouldn't even give him homework he was going to miss while we were at a funeral for my grandmother. I agree with another reviewer that the military should not be giving any money to this school until it's improved. Thanks goodness we will be moving this summer because I would either move him to a different middle school (I've heard good things about Harrison Prep) or home school him.

Mann Middle School 4

Posted April 09, 2015
Great and just love it. The teachers are challenging kids. The staff is very serious about bullying and other bad stuff. When kids misbehave the staff always now what to. There are electives. The schools is good overall. One thing i could suggest is a remodel since it is an old building and they don't have lockers which kids don't like to carry everything though the teachers keep their textbooks if they don't need it. So, yeah a remodel.

Posted February 18, 2015
THIS SCHOOL STAFF IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.THE Lakewood POLICE IS AT THIS SCHOOL EVERYDAY AT LEAST TWICE A DAY.There are drugs and bully's in this school everyday all day and nothing is done about it. The military should NOT PAY THIS SCHOOL FOR MILITARY STUDENTS.The staff does not seem to care about the students or the parents concerns of their kids.I would NOT recommend this school to anyone,my kids had terrible bullying experiences at this school. I always worried about my kids when I dropped them off. Also the school needs a upgrade. I am not comfortable with some classes being out the main building.

Posted November 17, 2014
My child went to this school and i would not send her back i would recommend ypu said your child to any other middle school besides mann middle school

Mann Middle School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
Okay, so that post from March 29, 2013... I have no words for that. First of all, i'm pretty positive you are NOT a parent, due to your atrocious spelling and grammar. Also, none of what was said made much sense. I am a former student at Mann, I went there 6th-8th grade, and I know PLENTY of students who have turned out just fine. I am about to enter my sophomore year of high school at Lakes. I personally was not completely successful at Mann, but that's just me. The teachers there aren't terrible, most of the bad teachers left the school, and a couple of my favorite also left. While I was going to Mann, I desperately wanted to change schools. But then I came to my senses and decided to stay because it wouldn't matter if I left, i'd be just as unhappy at any other school. That's probably because I just hate school in general and want to be done already. I don't think there is anything wrong with the school at all. It all just depends on your personal standards and your attitude towards certain situations. ~ Former Student

Posted May 30, 2013
Mann Middle School. I was curios about this school because I went there in the 1960's. I am surprised at all the negative reviews. I went there in the 7th and the last part of the 8th grade (we moved away for awhile). The school was 7th thru 9th at that time. What happened to me is that the principle (Lang) and vice principle (Price) decided that I would not be allowed to attend 9th grade there, so what did they do. They kicked me up to Lakes High School to the 10th grade and I wasn't a good student. All my friends were back in the 9th grade when I started high school. What a weird thing to do to a kid. Won't ever forget it!

Posted March 29, 2013
this school is not a good school, when your kid gets in to truble they make sure they have everyone around here what they did they are mean they treat your kids like they are nothing, they don,t care what you have to say just as long as they look good, and they take there teachers and staff side over yours they are not goot to your kids most of the time, i don,t like this school i use to but now they suck, i am taken my son out , also the teachers yell at the kids, they need to learn eather be nice or go somewere else becouse the teachers sucks there,i use to go there a long time ago and it was not as bad as it is now, infact it is worse

Mann Middle School 3

Posted February 25, 2013
I don't know anything aboutthe school as yet, my grandaughter just enrolled there after moving to the area and I'd like to keep up with the school news.

Mann Middle School 2

Posted February 06, 2013
I am a military child, so I have been to many different schools across the nation. Mann Middle School is not one I would ever recommend. I attended Mann for three years, 6th-8th and am now almost a Junior in high school. A few reasons I would not recommend Mann is because; 1. Poor academics, it was not challenging enough for the majority of the student body. 2. Humiliating discipline; Teachers would yell at the students over small issues (homework, talking, tapping foot) 3. Staff morals.This was the scariest part of my middles school. There was one teacher in general who for two and a half whole years was inappropriate and had double meaning behind what he said to female students. It got to the point that the girls were complaining to the principal and other teachers but i recently found out that he was not fired for his actions even though every girl could tell you what he did. 4. Students, many of the kids who attended (about 70%) did Not want to be there, a few ways they acted out at school was; throwing chairs in the choir room, stink bombs in assemblies, petty pranks, FIGHTS, stealing!, there was a lot of harshness between cliques. 5. VERY CLIQUEY. - X student.
2 people found this helpful

Mann Middle School 5

Posted October 28, 2012
I am very impressed with Mann Middle School. My daughter is in the 6th grade and in Advanced Studies classes. She loves going to school everyday and is excited to tell me about her day when she walks through the door when she gets home. I am pleased with the teachers and their desire to teach and have the students learn. I visited the school in mid summer to enroll my daughter, but it happened to be a day that no office staff was there. A gentleman who was in the office with his own teenage son, said I was more than welcome to look around the school or he could give me a tour. I took him up on that offer. He gave me and my children and tour of the school and a history lesson about the school and their efforts and accomplishments. He was so proud of this school. I did not find out until later that he was in fact the Principal himself. He went way above and beyond when he could have just told me to come back "next week". Our tour was about 45 mins long. He is definitely an asset to this school. I actually registered my daughter at Harrison Prep, and she will likely come up on the waitlist for the Spring Semester. We will be staying at Mann.

Mann Middle School
11509 Holden Rd SW, Lakewood, WA  98498
Last modified Mann Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mann Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top