Bad
Good

We had a great experience at Mann. Great staff and teachers. Great group of parents that led PTSA and volunteered. My kids learned and succeeded while at Mann.

It was just terrible here. If you are a student planning on going to this school, you might feel very unsafe with the students and staff. I was bullied here in my 7th grade year, and the staff did absolutely nothing about those kids. It is also a very poor system of learning as well. Teachers there won't give out assistance on when asked for it, and sources aren't given out to students who were failing.

Not a good experience. My child is in 6th grade and has had problems with bullying. A girl in one of his classes got beat up by another student and sent to the hospital. He says there's kids getting busted for drugs and the cursing is out of control. Even his bus driver turns a blind eye to what's going on. There are a few ladies in the office and a couple of his teachers are really nice. They are the only reason my review is not 1 star. His other teachers are rude and don't care at all. They wouldn't even give him homework he was going to miss while we were at a funeral for my grandmother. I agree with another reviewer that the military should not be giving any money to this school until it's improved. Thanks goodness we will be moving this summer because I would either move him to a different middle school (I've heard good things about Harrison Prep) or home school him.

Great and just love it. The teachers are challenging kids. The staff is very serious about bullying and other bad stuff. When kids misbehave the staff always now what to. There are electives. The schools is good overall. One thing i could suggest is a remodel since it is an old building and they don't have lockers which kids don't like to carry everything though the teachers keep their textbooks if they don't need it. So, yeah a remodel.

THIS SCHOOL STAFF IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.THE Lakewood POLICE IS AT THIS SCHOOL EVERYDAY AT LEAST TWICE A DAY.There are drugs and bully's in this school everyday all day and nothing is done about it. The military should NOT PAY THIS SCHOOL FOR MILITARY STUDENTS.The staff does not seem to care about the students or the parents concerns of their kids.I would NOT recommend this school to anyone,my kids had terrible bullying experiences at this school. I always worried about my kids when I dropped them off. Also the school needs a upgrade. I am not comfortable with some classes being out the main building.

My child went to this school and i would not send her back i would recommend ypu said your child to any other middle school besides mann middle school

Okay, so that post from March 29, 2013... I have no words for that. First of all, i'm pretty positive you are NOT a parent, due to your atrocious spelling and grammar. Also, none of what was said made much sense. I am a former student at Mann, I went there 6th-8th grade, and I know PLENTY of students who have turned out just fine. I am about to enter my sophomore year of high school at Lakes. I personally was not completely successful at Mann, but that's just me. The teachers there aren't terrible, most of the bad teachers left the school, and a couple of my favorite also left. While I was going to Mann, I desperately wanted to change schools. But then I came to my senses and decided to stay because it wouldn't matter if I left, i'd be just as unhappy at any other school. That's probably because I just hate school in general and want to be done already. I don't think there is anything wrong with the school at all. It all just depends on your personal standards and your attitude towards certain situations. ~ Former Student

Mann Middle School. I was curios about this school because I went there in the 1960's. I am surprised at all the negative reviews. I went there in the 7th and the last part of the 8th grade (we moved away for awhile). The school was 7th thru 9th at that time. What happened to me is that the principle (Lang) and vice principle (Price) decided that I would not be allowed to attend 9th grade there, so what did they do. They kicked me up to Lakes High School to the 10th grade and I wasn't a good student. All my friends were back in the 9th grade when I started high school. What a weird thing to do to a kid. Won't ever forget it!

this school is not a good school, when your kid gets in to truble they make sure they have everyone around here what they did they are mean they treat your kids like they are nothing, they don,t care what you have to say just as long as they look good, and they take there teachers and staff side over yours they are not goot to your kids most of the time, i don,t like this school i use to but now they suck, i am taken my son out , also the teachers yell at the kids, they need to learn eather be nice or go somewere else becouse the teachers sucks there,i use to go there a long time ago and it was not as bad as it is now, infact it is worse

I don't know anything aboutthe school as yet, my grandaughter just enrolled there after moving to the area and I'd like to keep up with the school news.

Last modified Mann Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.