Oakbrook Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2014
We were happy with this school. The three of my children who attended had wonderful teachers, particularly the P.E. teacher. The school does a good job promoting character building and establishing unity and school loyalty but there wasn't enough parent involvement in the PTSA and a general lack organized parental support.

Oakbrook Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2013
My child has attended Oakbrook for several years and he has had wonderful, engaged teachers. The expectations are high and the discipline fair and consistent. More parent involvement would be a plus.

Posted October 23, 2012
We have two children attending this school; this is their second year. We have had a very positive experience with Oakbrook. Our children are excited to go every day, and are learning at a faster rate than their previous schools. The parental involvement is outstanding as well, especially for a smaller school. This is our older childs' fifth school(yes, we're military), so we have seen a few schools and would recommend this one to anybody.

Posted May 07, 2012
This school is amazing. My kindergartener loves his teacher to death, and I can say the same. The school year hasnt even ended and hes fully reading, doing basic math problems, writing sentences. Her classroom is very structured and the children stay focused. I love that the office knows my son by name (not because of bad behavior) Everyone is so personable and caring. Lots of school activities! I will not move away from this area just to keep him at this school for the duration of his elementary years. Best elementary in Lakewood by far!!

Oakbrook Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2011
This by far has been the worst school my kids have been to. There is no reason that my kids should be learning out of a book from 1984! While yes the staff is friendly but the teachings are old. My kids are not learning anything as they came from an up to date school to here.

Posted March 22, 2011
Both My Children have attended this school. I find it to be the best school in Lakewood. The teachers call my children by name. My oldest is in junior high and the Oakbrook teachers still ask about him. I am informed of my childrens progress and every teacher has been available to me at times that work for me. The principal is kind and caring but also good with redirecting those who get out of hand. My youngest has been given many options to excell at his rate due to the many programs available. Oakbrook offers many ways that parents can be involoved. I work full time and still have a chance to be a part of my childs events. I would rate this school as a great school.

Posted February 14, 2011
I must disagree with the previous post. I have had two children go through Oakbrook and we enjoyed a great experience, not only with the teachers and staff but especially the principal. Our students felt they were cared for and that the teachers cared about their education. The principal was always available and supportive. He took the time to know my children's names. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I know that many other parents that have gone through Oakbrook will say they had a wonderful experience with that school. I would recommend Oakbrook to anyone.

Oakbrook Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2011
My son's experience at this school this year is horrible! He had absolutely no problems last year (which was his first year attending this school). Besides the lack of involvement of the principal and lack of support from his other teachers, His homeroom teacher last year was absolutely amazing and he did not have a single problem. This year is a whole different story! The professional conduct in this school is disturbing! There is nothing at this school but disavantages for the students. The atmosphere in the school is very dark and boot camp style and rarely do you see the kids smiling and enjoying their time at school. The respect that the staff and principal have and show to the parents is next to none. This school has NO walls to seperate classrooms. Not to mention, that almost all the classes here are spilt grades with 3rd graders having to be in a class with 2nd graders and 4th graders having to share with 3rd grade and so on. I will NOT recommenend this school to anyone! I will not be sending my kids back to this school next year, if I don't pull them out sooner.

Posted January 07, 2011
My daughter is in 3rd grade at Oakbrook and she loves the school, her teacher Mrs. Tatum is a wonderful teacher, my daughter has learned a lot from her. I am grateful that we have a school like this in our neighborhood.

Posted May 19, 2009

Oakbrook Elementary School
7802 83rd Ave SW, Lakewood, WA  98498
Last modified Oakbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakbrook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top