Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My child has been at this school ever since 1st grade. She has excelled majorly. Not only are the staff extremely helpful, but they communicate well also. My child is sad to have to leave this school for 6th grade. This school offers many programs and has many arts programs also! (Art, music, dance, drama, etc.) My child was in Ms.Coppess's class (Who she absolutely adored). I would recommend this school to any parent who wants to see a smile on their child's face everyday. The service is outstanding!

Oakbrook is an open concept school. There are no walls between classes and the noise level makes it very difficult for my daughter to concentrate. It looks like the district hasn't put any money into updating the building since it was built. Too bad, the kids deserve a better learning environment.

We were happy with this school. The three of my children who attended had wonderful teachers, particularly the P.E. teacher. The school does a good job promoting character building and establishing unity and school loyalty but there wasn't enough parent involvement in the PTSA and a general lack organized parental support.

My child has attended Oakbrook for several years and he has had wonderful, engaged teachers. The expectations are high and the discipline fair and consistent. More parent involvement would be a plus.

We have two children attending this school; this is their second year. We have had a very positive experience with Oakbrook. Our children are excited to go every day, and are learning at a faster rate than their previous schools. The parental involvement is outstanding as well, especially for a smaller school. This is our older childs' fifth school(yes, we're military), so we have seen a few schools and would recommend this one to anybody.

We haven't started the year out right so far in only the 2nd week and I find the staff not very friendly or helpful. Went into the office only a handful of times to ask questions and they treat you like you've ruined their day and do not seem to offer much help. I am no impressed so far. Hopefully, 2nd impressions turn out better.

This school is amazing. My kindergartener loves his teacher to death, and I can say the same. The school year hasnt even ended and hes fully reading, doing basic math problems, writing sentences. Her classroom is very structured and the children stay focused. I love that the office knows my son by name (not because of bad behavior) Everyone is so personable and caring. Lots of school activities! I will not move away from this area just to keep him at this school for the duration of his elementary years. Best elementary in Lakewood by far!!

This by far has been the worst school my kids have been to. There is no reason that my kids should be learning out of a book from 1984! While yes the staff is friendly but the teachings are old. My kids are not learning anything as they came from an up to date school to here.

Both My Children have attended this school. I find it to be the best school in Lakewood. The teachers call my children by name. My oldest is in junior high and the Oakbrook teachers still ask about him. I am informed of my childrens progress and every teacher has been available to me at times that work for me. The principal is kind and caring but also good with redirecting those who get out of hand. My youngest has been given many options to excell at his rate due to the many programs available. Oakbrook offers many ways that parents can be involoved. I work full time and still have a chance to be a part of my childs events. I would rate this school as a great school.

I must disagree with the previous post. I have had two children go through Oakbrook and we enjoyed a great experience, not only with the teachers and staff but especially the principal. Our students felt they were cared for and that the teachers cared about their education. The principal was always available and supportive. He took the time to know my children's names. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I know that many other parents that have gone through Oakbrook will say they had a wonderful experience with that school. I would recommend Oakbrook to anyone.

Last modified Oakbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.