Bad
Good

Posted April 23, 2013
My child previously attended this school. We have since moved to another school district and my child attends a school with significantly higher MSP test scores. If you were to compare the two schools solely based on this data you would think I'd be happy- I'm not. My child received a far superior education at Tyee Park Elementary. The differentiated instruction was exceptional and my child received a well-rounded education to include reading, writing, math, science, social studies, spelling, and music. If I had the choice I would re-enroll my child at Tyee Park in a heartbeat! The leadership of the new principal is exceptional and the teacher my child has was outstanding! I agree with the previous poster that the low test scores this school has is strongly correlated with the number of students they have who speak English as a second language. I would not use MSP data as a measure of whether or not this is school would provide your child with a quality education. I assure you it does! :-)

Posted March 02, 2013
My kids have attanded for the last 4 years. They love learning because of their teachers and the small community feel. There seems to be a real emphasis on treating others with respect. I asked the kids about bullying and they haven't witnessed any. My kids ride the bus everyday and they feel safe. Top notch music program and nutrition instruction. Academics seem strong, I think the scores are depressed from high number of students where English is not the language spoken at home. My kids are happy here and that is very important to me.

Posted November 11, 2012
I have two children at Tyee Park (K and 3rd). Love their teachers and experience. Administration is on top of things and is always seeking for improvement. Has a nice small student population so everyone gets plenty of attention. Great music teacher is great bonus!

Posted April 24, 2012
When we moved here people suggested that we have our children go to a different school. I am so glad we gave Tyee Park a chance. Low student-teacher ratios, teachers who really care and I have found the student body to be full of humble, kind kids - disadvantaged and diverse but not dangerous. So far, my kids have excelled in this environment.

Posted August 31, 2011
I feel that Tyee Park truly cares about it's students. My daughters teachers have often gone the extra mile to help her learn. I am very impressed with the staff and my daughter has learned so much!

Tyee Park Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2010
I have a Child in Kindergarten in Ms. B and one in Mrs. D. and my children love thema dn are learning so much.

Tyee Park Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2008
My child has attended the school for over two school years. We are extremely dissatisfied with the school. We have had huge issues with the behavior of other children in the school. I feel there is a lack of discipline and follow-up when children act out. I feel all of this is a distraction in the classroom and to the learning environment. I don't feel that my child has been challenged academically. Topics that she learned in the first grade were sent home as homework in the second grade. I fear my child will fall behind other kids her age in the country if we don't leave the school and my child has expressed a desire to leave the school as well. The behavior of other kids and the fear she has of some has changed her love of going to school and learning, for that reason we will be moving.

Posted March 29, 2004
I loved tyee Park Elementary when I went there! Now my kids go there, and now they love it as well! This is one good school, you should send your kids there if you have a chance!

Tyee Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 19, 2004
Super school! The Staff and teachers genually care about the kids and families! The staff is only part of the equation, parents need to be involved more with their child's education!

Tyee Park Elementary School
11920 Seminole Rd SW, Lakewood, WA  98499
Last modified Tyee Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.