Lakewood, WA
After care: No

Posted December 15, 2014
I have a daughter that went to Woodbrook Middle November of 2013 to November 2014 my daughter was bullied and we went to the school numerous time talk to district numerous times they did nothing about the issue. In November my daughter was assaulted and she has a protective order since then the school has removed her and sent her to a different school this school is by far the worst school they do not take complaints very seriously the staff members are very rude the Principal and Vice Principal they take things as a joke as district does as well I would never recommend the school to anybody who lives on post my daughter is a fabulous child she deals with a concussion the school didn't take these needs very serious.

Posted March 24, 2014
The teachers care at this school, my sons have not experienced any bullying at the school. my oldest son was promoted from this school and moved on to high school with no problems.

Posted January 15, 2014
First I would like to say that the community reviews are mostly biased. Having teachers, PTA members get on here to taint the reviews is LOW Woodbrook. The real reviews are the one star reviews from Parents because it is the truth. If you really want to know, just take a look at their test scores and it is obvious what their so called "hard work" has accomplished. I have two kids at this school. I was warned about this school and wish that i could have gotten them in elsewhere. Hopefully the next school can repair the damage done to their education. If you have a good student, then the teachers will pretty much ignore you, if you have a special ed student, they single them out completely. And they love jumping straight to suspension over every little thing never mind that it is your child who will fall behind. They have a serious bullying problem at their school. If your child does nothing than nothing must be going on, if they stand up for themself, they are equally responsible. This school district is a joke but ive heard worse from other districts in the state of washington. This is not a state to live in if you have children!!!! Like i said, the scores...speak volumes!!!

Posted December 07, 2013
My 7th grade daughter goes to Woodbrook. She is in advanced classes and has no issues with teachers, staff, or the children. The school itself NEEDS to be updated and the neighborhood is rough. But overall as of now its going well.

Posted June 13, 2013
There communication skills to do with your child are pretty much not there. The bullying is ridiculous! The children that go to this school obviously have parents with minds of teenager. We have had nothing but problems since day 1. I have no contact with any of my daughters teachers, principal etc. Simply because they do not contact me what so ever. My daughter is not a problem child so I assume that is why I hear nothing but I would like a letter/note sometimes confirming that she does what she is suppose too. I pray we are never in this school district again.

Posted April 27, 2010
Well im a 7th grader who attends Woodbrook Middle School right now and it is pretty cool.Woodbrook has nice teachers (my opinion) and they have cool classes and the friends are awesome! Go Woodbrook

Posted April 10, 2010
Woodbrook is questionable at best. Don't even think about taking your specak needs child to this district. They don't do inclusion, even though they say they do when you call the district office. They have 'special design' classrooms they stuff the kids in. No accountability by principal for these teachers in this class. Just poor. And the teachers dress in jeans, tshirts and don't generally care about their appearance.

Woodbrook Middle School 5

Posted January 25, 2010
Woodbrook has great teachers and a great caring staff. The neighborhood can be a bit rough, but the students work hard, the teachers work hard to get every student to learn and enjoy school and the school is getting better each year.

Woodbrook Middle School 5

Posted June 17, 2009
This school rocks. The neighborhood is rough but the teachers work hard to make sure every kid learns.

Woodbrook Middle School

Posted January 25, 2008
This may be the last year there is a PTA unless next year's 6th grade parents step up and get involved. The PTA pays for field trips and gets most of their income (this yr and last) from Book Fairs. PTA also donates to the lunch fund for students that lose, forget or don't have a lunch (and aren't in the free lunch program yet). PTA also donates money to school nurse so kids that need clean clothes have some to choose from. The school does spend a lot of time with math, reading and writing programs but that is so they can pass the WASL. More gifted programs would be wonderful, but can't afford them.

Woodbrook Middle School
14920 Spring St, Lakewood, WA  98439
Last modified Woodbrook Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodbrook Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top