Park Lodge Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2014
It's my sons first year there and has generally had a positive time. However, when he showed up for the early morning Y care program (as he's has for 3 1/2 months currently) because he wasn't "signed in" they removed him from the gym into a hallway. If it wasn't for his generous teacher taking him with her the office staff were going to place him outside by himself, unsupervised and in the cold. When I called the principle she immediately wanted to blame the YMCA and then defended her policy of leaving a child outside. OUTRAGEOUS! So happy to know that my money goes toward feeding her and her family and keeps her warm I'm here school while she would have no problem putting a kid outside by themselves in the cold.

Posted June 05, 2014
My daughter has attended Park Lodge since Preschool. She is now a 4th almost 5th grader. The teachers are great and my daughter has excelled in every class that she takes there. The teachers are friendly and attentive to students needs. I would pick this school over any other elementary school in Washington State and have because Park Lodge is worth the time and effort that not only the students put in but the parents and teachers as well. Thumbs up for Park Lodge!

Posted May 28, 2014
Park lodge is the best elementary i have ever seen. My children were very behind by a year to 2 years behind but this school has brought them to the right grade level or far beyond that level in the last year -2 years. my son is now in 2nd grade but his reading and his math are at a 4th grade level now and they believe his reading will hit 6th grade level by the end of the year!!!

Park Lodge Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2014
My son is in Ms. Browns special needs pre-k class. He has an unknown delay that sets him back about a year and I am so impressed with his teacher! I was skeptical that he'd be challenged in a multi-age class where everyone's needs are different but academically, he is doing so well. I'd say he's beyond prepared for kindergarten after 8 months in her class. My only complaint is that they need a bathroom inside the classroom for special needs instead of sharing a bathroom with the upper grades. She expresses my same concern and is very genuine with caring for the children.

Park Lodge Elementary School 3

Posted March 14, 2012
This school had a creative feel, and kids seemed to do lots of interesting projects, but that seems to have changed. People are working hard, but there is less student work on the walls, and I don't see kids working together as much as when we first started.

Park Lodge Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2010
My son has been attending Park Lodge for 2 years now. We've had nothing but issues in communication with the school. He came home one day with a band aid on his knee the wound wasn't even cleaned and we ended up going to the doctor and getting silver cream because it was so deep. When I asked why they didn't tell me all they could say was is that it looked ok to them. The front office people are usually nice. The principal is always worried about his appearance and is all about ratings. His teacher has lost numerous things, pictures from picture day, money for field trips and report cards. I think there's too many children in one classroom setting. The teachers are stressed out and it shows. I've heard people say its a new school so they figured it would be good, only to realize it wasn't.

Park Lodge Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2009

Park Lodge Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2009
My son attended this school from K-1st grade. Always received great report cards with little to no issues. However, we transferred im to another school in a different district due to work/childcare. He was almost immediately dentified as being behind in reading and math. He was assigned to a special reading group and they selected himto attend a summer school program to catch up. How is this possible after 2 years of excellent report cards from Park Lodge?

Posted June 09, 2009
Both my children attended Park Lodge all 6 years (K-5). The teachers are great and they learned a lot! Really prepared them for the years ahead.

Park Lodge Elementary School 4

Posted October 18, 2007
I really like the school and most of the teachers are great. My son has done very well with his studies. But sometimes the teachers are not very forgiving when the kids make bad choices.

Park Lodge Elementary School
6300 100th St SW, Lakewood, WA  98499
Last modified Park Lodge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Lodge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top