Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Beacon Hill Elementary School 3

Posted June 22, 2016
I had 2 students at Beacon Hill who transferred in just after the school year started. Initially I was seriously impressed. The staff was friendly and the girls really enjoyed it. But as the year progressed I got multiple discouraging emails from one teacher where she ended each sentence with an exclamation point. I tried volunteering in her class to help. I constantly worked with my child and saw improvements at home, but when I tried communicating with the teacher she responded with very vague emails and never addressed anything I asked. Right before state testing she sent home 30 pages of math homework and told my child it needed to be finished and/or corrected the next day or else my child would have to stay in from recesses. I found out it was a form of cramming for the test (my child was in 3rd grade!) and the teacher lied to me about forcing my child to miss recesses. I have 3 witness accounts that confirmed it. My other child had a relatively smooth experience until she rolled her ankle. I wrapped it in an ace bandage and told her to go easy on it until our appointment with the Doctor that was scheduled 3 weeks out, unfortunately. Even though my child's ankle was clearly wrapped and the PE teacher was informed by another injured student that they couldn't run, he forced them to anyway. He told them if they didn't get to a certain point they would have to sit out for the rest of class and miss all of the low impact activities. My child missed that point. I emailed the teacher asking his side of the story and forwarded that email to the principal. The principal never responded and the PE teacher said he does the best he can and brushed the whole incident off. At the doctor's appointment we were told that my child was having a hard time healing because they were doing too much high impact activities. It took 6 weeks and a stern email to the PE teacher to get my child back up to par. Despite those two situations I was always friendly, volunteering, helpful and kind, but the office staff treated me like the plague for the last 4+ months of the year. My oldest is starting middle school for 2016/17 and I'm considering other school options for my youngest so I don't have to deal with Beacon Hill anymore.

Beacon Hill Elementary School 1

Posted June 30, 2014
I definitely think the KELSO School District has absolute worst schools. For example: At the end of last summer my grand daughter was reading and doing basic math. Her first report card started with high marks. Gradually over the school year her report cards steadily declined. She was even attending special classes for additional help. Now at the end of the school year the KELSO school (teachers...) tell us she can not read???????? Excuse me: But after 10 days home with mom, dad, poppy, and Nana she is reading books for her grade level!!!! Did the school investigate or report the possible negligence of the parent and/or the home life regarding the lack of a parents involvement. Shame on you KELSO school district. My son and I met with the principles and teachers of both schools my grand children attended. All we received was double talk, lies, and promises that were not kept (the principal and teachers promised not to share our visit with anyone and to start sending information to the kids father) both these were lies.The school district didn't have the proper paper work on the kids. The State Board of Education should defiantly look into the teachers credentials and curriculum.

Posted May 19, 2014
Love this school, all the teachers and staff are friendly and informative...where else can you find and extreme team that performs at other schools? It really is a great school!!

Posted June 10, 2011
I have two students at Beacon Hill and have had nothing but a wonderful experience in our 3 years there so far. The staff is friendly, helpful, and caring. The teachers we have had are excellent -- talented, compassionate, and my kids love them. The eagerness to learn that has been fostered by their teachers is such a joy to see. We love Beacon Hill!

Beacon Hill Elementary School

Posted May 12, 2009
Grandparents of a student attending Beacon Hill. She loves it we love it!

Beacon Hill Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2007
Great School ! My son has done well there and the teachers in general have been very involved and dedicated to their students.

Posted September 27, 2003
My children have really enjoyed attending Beacon Hill and they have had some great teachers during those years. Every school has their ups and downs and Beacon Hill is no exception, but I think it has only made this a better place for the students to come and learn. We have great parent and grandparent helpers. You always see lots of them helping in one way or another. There is also a very active PTO/Booster club who provide many things for the teachers, students and school. Overall it is a great school to go to.

Posted August 10, 2003
Overall I have enjoyed my children going to Beacon Hill Elementary. I work at this school two years ago as a Washington Reading Corp member, so I have got to see both asspects of the coin.I have been a person working with Beacon Hill staff and a parent of a two Beacon Hill students. I have had a postive expereince at Beacon Hill both with staff and other parents of Beacon Hill students.

Beacon Hill Elementary School
257 Alpha Dr, Longview, WA  98632
Last modified Beacon Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.