Longview, WA

Posted October 31, 2009
The past 3 years I went to Cascade and had a constant 4.0. All of my English and History teachers were great. Science is a joke so don't expect anything of that subject. The main advanced math teacher is exceptional but most students really don't get pushed. Their music, sports, and arts programs are phenomenal. However, I had several 'run ins' with the administrators and find they handle a situation horrendously. That would also be the largest fault of the school.

Posted August 24, 2009
I am proud to call mt self a Cascade Cavalier. Cause this school is the best and the teachers are awesome. My dad and older brother both went to cascade and they loved it.

Posted April 09, 2008
Cascade is a good school, the teachers are all pretty much outstanding. My child is a 4.0-3.8 student. I have done a little bit of volunteer work here, there are a lot of students I would personally consider 'creepy'. Not trying to be prejudice at all. The school is located in a very wealthy community & to make it fair, a lot of the kids who live in the Highlands go here. If they didn't make it that way, Monticello would have a population of about 850 and Cascade 300. The teachers really do try their best to teach...altough there is one teacher I have heard a lot about as to not really care. Other than that, the teachers are all superb!! They have great athletics placing as no. 1 in Longview/Kelso in quite a few categories. :) English here is sensational as well as Math, & Social Studies!!

Posted August 14, 2007
This is a great school. The teachers all care about you and treat with so much respect. I am proud to consider myself a Cascade Cavalier!

Cascade Middle School 2

Posted September 28, 2005
Awful experience, I am so thankful that my child no longer attends. The staff is very rigid and unsupportive, unreasonable and does not seem to have the childrens best interest at heart.

Cascade Middle School 4

Posted July 17, 2005
Cascade Middle School is situated in one of the wealthiest communities in Longview. The school district boundaries however bring a well rounded study body together. CMS has very good programs in excellerated learning programs, however parents interested in programs should get involved early, as parental contact seems light here. Most student programs are limited. Sports programs are in place, however as a middle school it does not have a great following. Longview schools generally receive funding from bond measures without problems so there are no glaring omissions in the curriculum. Overall, the school program is good and the teachers seem engaged in the learning process. Administration in the past has been off-hands, but I am not familiar with the latest group of admins there.

Posted April 02, 2005
My son is an eighth grade student at Cascade M.S. He is an A/A- student. He regularly describes the quality of his teachers to me. He believes 50% of his teachers have been challenging, providing a rewarding educational experience. He believe the other 50% are literally 'useless' and should retire because (a) they are 'burned out' and not interested in teaching or (b) are unknowledgable about their subject areas. science education at Cascade M.S. is severely deficient, particularly for exciting kids about careers in chemistry, physics, biology, and related technical fields (e.g. medicine, engineering). Fortunately, my son has had an outstanding math and English teacher during his 2.5 years at Cascade, and these are skills he has clearly developed in middle school.

Cascade Middle School 1

Posted December 09, 2004
I am a student at cascade middle school and this school without a doubt has the worst couciling and administrative staff ever. first off the councilers do exactly the oposite of council the mostly do nothing or make you feel worse about why you came there and the only time they do work is when they try to find some sort of loop hole so they dont have to help you. the administrative staff have cut the budget so much that each student only has $2.00 dollars allowed for printing fo the entire year, and also there have been several accounts of a teachers inapropriate behavior and the teacher has yet to have been delt with.

Posted June 12, 2004
I attend Cascade Middle School right now and if I could give you advice before you go to the school. Dont go. We have no bells so teachers just let you out when they think is time. We are to have 2 min. between each class to go to locker, bathroom, ext. The teachers are all slakers in some ways. Some dont really care when you turn in your work, some always has a bad attitude and others dont help you with your work. Not only that but most teachers pick favorites.

Posted September 09, 2003
I have really enjoyed the school for the past 2 years. My daughter is in 8th grade this year and I am hoping that the high school change and quality will be as good next year.

Cascade Middle School
2821 Parkview Dr, Longview, WA  98632
Last modified Cascade Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cascade Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top