Bad
Good

Monticello Middle School 3

Posted March 10, 2014
Its a great school. I'm personally not a big fan because of just a couple teachers. I like that there is discipline at the school. If a student is misbehaving, or disrespecting a teacher or student the principle is going to do something about it. I love Monticello, and as an 8th grader you know the school well. You have the teachers that you liked, and the ones you didn't like. But this is how I imagine it. I always ask myself "would I want my kid to get taught in this environment?" Generally the answer to this question is yes. but in some cases the answer is no. such as in my current English class. there is basically no discipline in that one class. everywhere else is just fine. I think the school could improve on respect. that's one of our core values is that we all respect each other. but sometimes we don't. and that sometimes has turned into an all the time thing and it needs to be stopped. other than that Monticello is an amazing school.

Monticello Middle School 5

Posted February 20, 2011
I personaly love it here im a 7th grader i work at my absoulte best i have gotten multiple 4.0's. There's bullying just like every other skwl i prevent this thou and it dosent happen often.! i love it here and the teachers.! i recomend to any1.! its a middle skwl and a pretty awesome one.!

Monticello Middle School 1

Posted June 03, 2009
I have had several issues with this school. I agree with the other parent who commented about the feel of the school. I can't get information from the teachers about grades until it's too late! When I have tried to talk with teachers, vice-principals or secretaries, I am put off and forgotten about. I am a parent who is trying to help my child succeed, albeit 7th grade where the kids need to learn more responsibility and to do things on their own, but mind you some adults aren't even mature enough for that. At least I care about my child's schooling and want to see him and his friends succeed, but a group effort is needed here. As a parent concerned about my child's future, help me help my child!!!

Monticello Middle School 4

Posted August 25, 2008
i go to Monticello and i think that it is a great school, and all the teachers and most of the rest of the staff are very nice and approachable. but about getting makeup work, that is true, its really hard to make up work and stuff at school. i was gone for 2 weeks on vacation in 6th grade and got a c in one class becuase i couldnt get any makeup work. the only class that is super easy to get mkaeup work in is home ec, cuase all you have to do is make somthing at home and bring in a note from home that you made it. class

Monticello Middle School 2

Posted March 22, 2006
The teachers are nice, but i have found if your student is sick for weeks at a time it is next to impossible to get homework from the teachers. I have called the office, gone in myself to each classroom, and had the school nurse e-mail the teachers & i still can't get make-up homework. It is very frustrating. Also it takes an act of congress to get them to let your child use the elevator if they are sick. I got a note from the dr. But wasn't up to standards & they made me go get a different note & drive back to the school to drop it off. Who has time to do this when you have a very ill child? My child is definitely not attending monticello next year.

Monticello Middle School 4

Posted August 26, 2003
I work at Monticello and I think that all people are approachable. I am sure whoever left this comment has not tried to meet with all staff. Also, Middle Schools are different from Grade Schools....much larger. It would be easier to be one on one with a parent in a Grade School atmosphere.

Monticello Middle School 2

Posted July 22, 2003
I think that Monticello is probably an average middle school from talking with friends and family. I am disappointed that I never feel welcome in the school by staff or teachers. School staff and teachers seem unapprouchable in my opinion, definately a difference from the inviting atmosphere I felt in my childs elementary school.

Monticello Middle School
1225 28th Ave, Longview, WA  98632
Last modified Monticello Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.