Bad
Good

We moved here from the midwest. Our 5th and 4th graders were two years ahead of where they are in this school. The teachers are unmotivated for the most part and have very low expectations of themselves and their students - and they don't even hit those!

I love this school. All of my children attended CVG and when an opportunity came for me to be able to work there, I jumped on it. I love the staff, principal, students, and families. We have so many committed volunteers that help make our school a success. Teachers are motivated and qualified. It's common to find other teachers working in the building on weekends and late night hours. The result is usually bright students with a hopeful future.

Wonderful school with great staff and active PTA. Check out the school website @ http://www.longview.k12.wa.us/cvg/index.htm. The PTA also has a site @ http://cvgpta.org

I love this school! My sister goes there. The staff has a genuine care for the kids and their families. There isnt a time I've been in there that I dont get greeted with a smile and help. My sister has special needs and her old school used to punish her and she got in trouble for not understanding something or even having a potty accident. Not CVG though - they are encouraging and she has gone from crying and hating school and it being a huge battle each morning to get her to go, to now she loves it! She has friends and great teachers. She reads everything in sight, is doing math and is just happier overall! Thank you Columbia Valley Gardens!

CVG is a great school with involved teachers and principal

Excellent school. The principal is very involved and has a great positive attitude. The staff is excellent. The PTA is active and there is a lot of parental support.

Last modified Columbia Valley Garden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.