Lynnwood, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 07, 2014
St. Thomas More Parish School was a fantastic school for our children. The combination of rigorous classroom work, challenging curriculum and faith based teaching could not have been better. The staff is truly wonderful--such caring individuals and involved in all aspects of student well being. There is a MSL (multi sensory learning) teacher right on campus with classes for students that need help with dyslexia issue too. We feel we really had the best education possible for our kids, in our own parish and the community there is one that cannot be beat!

Posted February 07, 2014
St. Thomas More Parish School was a wonderful school for my children and now my grandchildren attend. The program they offered for students with dyslexia was outstanding. My children gained the skills to prepare them for high school, college and the workforce. Looking forward to my grandchildren having the same experience.

Posted October 28, 2013
The STMS curriculum is outstanding, and the entire staff is dedicated to the mission of educating your child in a faith based environment. We have two children in the school and are grateful every day for the quality of education they receive. The discipline policy is firm and fair and is enforced by the staff and we have found in our experience that Mrs Fewel is a kind and involved leader.

Posted December 06, 2012
As a former student, I can't speak highly enough about STM. Today, in my college class, groups of students stood up and gave a powerpoint presentation. I was appalled by the ineptitude of my 20something year old classmates. They were stammering, repeating themselves, murmuring, saying "um" and "like", turning red, and generally doing a horrible job. I am confident in my public speaking abilities and know that I am head and shoulders above my peers. I can stand in front of a room and give a confident, powerful, and intelligent presentation because I was taught to do so at age 5. STM's speech program starts Kindergartners with a simple poem that they recite in front of a group. This grows into longer poems, book excerpts, and expository and oratory speeches as the student gets older. Though I remember being a terrified 5 year old mumbling my poem to the class, I would like to thank STM for impacting my life long after I left. Public speaking is such a basic, yet vital and often neglected skill. STM provided me with valuable life skills that I used in high school, am using in college, and will use in my professional career. I would not be where I am today without STM.

Posted October 02, 2012
St. Thomas More has been a wonderful experience for both my children and myself. The school curriculum is rigorous, and the bar is set very high for excellence, which is exactly what I would expect for a Private School. STM offers several extra-curricular activities for children to participate in, including choir, band, drama, speech and track. The Principal and staff are very friendly and dedicated to providing a safe and positive experience for all students. I, also, have experienced some bullying situations with my children and they were immediately addressed by the staff. It is unfortunate that the earlier reviewer had a bad experience with his/her child, but mine has been very positive. I have become great friends with other parents, which was not my experience with my older child who attended public school. The famiies are welcoming and friendly, and you feel like you are part of a warm, tight-knit community. I highly recommend St. Thomas More School.

Posted June 28, 2012
I cannot say enough about St. Thomas More. We have been attending St. Thomas More for 5 years and absolutely love it. The staff is amazing and the parent support is wonderful. All the kids that I have encountered are polite, respectful and always willing to lend a hand. I like that it is a smaller school as it feels like family. They have a strong academic program, and there speech program is top notch. I have to disagree with the comment about bully not being addressed. My son was involved with an issue this year and it was immediately addressed by the teacher, principle, vise principle and the counselor. I was very happy with the out come and how the issue was resolved. No school is perfect but STM is close. My favorite part about STM is that starting in kindergarten the children are put in "Faith Families". The 8th grader is the head of the family. You stay with your same family your entire time at the school. The kids get to really bond with their families as they attend mass together and do activities together throughout the year. I just loved to see the older kids taking care of the younger ones. We are very happy with ST. Thomas More.

St. Thomas More Parish School 2

Posted April 25, 2012
Not a good experience for our child at the school. The other parents comments regarding the cliques is an understatement. If your child did not start in the Kindergarten program they have a good chance of being ostracized and bullied. The behaviors that occur in the parking lot prior to school opening are abhorrent. I witnessed on several occasions boys grabbing girls in their private areas, boys placing smaller classmates in choke holds and various other types of bullying, all in clear view of parents and school staff. The school 's discipline policies are lax. If your child is bulled, they will not protect your child. The after school program mixes Jr High students with grade school students. On several occasions the recreation consisted of dodge ball, 7th and 8th graders targeting kindergarten and 1st grade students, all in clear view of the staff. The parental involvement is great, lots of dedicated people. Unfortunately this can't offset the lack of attention by the staff and unwillingness to address hostile, bullying behavior.

St. Thomas More Parish School 3

Posted January 18, 2010
Pretty strong academically. Nice teachers, great parental involvement. This school does a excellent job with grammar and speech but seems to be lacking in the math department. The biggest downfall with this school is because they only have one class per grade level cliques form. If your child enters in pre k or k it is great but for children integrating from other schools it is awful. Plus the middle schoolers suffer from lack of socialization making them somewhat inept for integration into a large high school. The bright side is that they aren't subjected to the normal peer pressures to the extent their peers in larger schools are. A bright side about this school is it is a clean, secure facility. The downfall are the cliques. It really depends on your childs needs. This is not a good fit for everyone particularly shy children.

Posted October 20, 2007
Consistently high test scores on WASL and Iowa. Great teachers. High parent involvement. Excellent teacher to parent communication. No one slips through the cracks here. Good technology(Smartboards in every classroom). Excellent writing and speech program. Check website for cool after-school activities. Perfect school for average to very bright kids. Maybe not the best for the super bright, but we kept ours enrolled because of the wonderful, caring community. Science was the weakest area, but is improving with much more 'hands-on' instruction and learning. The [kindergarten] teacher is wonderful and really listens to the kids, teaching and nurturing the whole child. The kids seem to be well prepared academically and have developed the self confidence to embrace the, admittedly, more rigorous first grade.

Posted October 23, 2005
- a former student

St. Thomas More Parish School
6511 176th St SW, Lynnwood, WA  98037
Last modified St. Thomas More Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Thomas More Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top