PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Spent many years there and they did a fantastic job getting my child ready for high school. Great work! Thank you

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

While there are specific measures for the IB program, the school and the teachers in particular are given creative room to address each individual class as it comes through. Because of this, I feel they are able to (and do) adapt to the nuances of the classes they teach. It also allows them to seek out the passion of the students. The teachers are also very willing to work with students and parents who may need a little extra communication or guidance through difficult challenges.

Amount of homework: Agree

In our experiences thus far, homework has been limited and has always had a purpose. It seems to be mindfully given, and I hope that continues as our children move through the grades.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Without a doubt, I feel my children learn to be honest and speak with integrity. I also feel that they learn respect for the opinions their peers hold even if they don't match up with their own.

We have 2 children at Soundview and feel it is a very safe environment. They both thrive at the school and look forward to school each day. We trust each and every staff member to deliver the education that will help mold them into leaders of their community.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teaching methods are dated and lack creativity. It seems they use the same curriculum year after year.

Develops character: Disagree

I don't feel the school has integrity and fairness within its staff, and modeling is one of the best ways children learn.

I was really excited to have my child in this school, from the tour and the visits we couldn't have been happier. Sadly we were disappointed. The teaching is below average. The way the teachers teach is ineffective and dated. They tout using positive discipline but yell regularly. The tuition is a lot and consistently on the rise and for the families lucky enough to be their on scholarship, well it feels like they should just sit back and be grateful for what they get. Our child is going to be attending public school next year, and is not educationally ready, and by the way the teachers teach, I doubt the rest of the class will be ready either. This school does not foster creativity, it attempts to mold it. If you want to spend a lot of money to send your child to a school where they bring home lots of cute projects for the refrigerator then maybe this is the school for you.

I used to love this school. I was, and still am, amazed by the music and art programs. The teachers that I've had direct contact with are amazing but the academics are average. And unfortunately over the years it's gotten a bit lost with its heart. The financial aid program has suffered, so now there is a distinct feel of "haves" and "those lucky to hang out with the haves." Rather off-putting and sad. I think they could get their passion back but it will take work. I'm not willing to stick around to see if it does though.

My son has been at Soundview School since Pre-School. He s always loved it, and now in 6th grade, he s thriving. The International Baccalaureate program is rigorous and stimulating. The Math teacher explores fascinating areas of mathematics, but also drills in the basics. The Humanities, Science, and Language teachers are also excellent, and it s clear that they love what they do, and also love the academic freedom that the Soundview environment encourages. I also hear stories from parents of graduates or transferred students, all attributing their children s success in other schools to the excellent preparation they received at Soundview. I strongly recommend that any family looking for a safe, rigorous, and enjoyable academic environment for their child should look into Soundview School.

Last modified Soundview School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8