Posted January 21, 2014
Our child has been enrolled at Soundview for four years, and LOVES going to school each day. Each year our experience with the school has been terrific. Since the change in administration 12 months ago, the school has become even better. It is evident that the teachers are all working together even more closely, with learning integrated across the curriculum. For example, when a 2nd grade class was doing a social studies unit on housing around the world, they also created a climate-specific dwelling in art, studied the geometry & engineering of an igloo in math, learn household vocabulary in Spanish, and learned a song about how everyone needs a home in music.. We are delighted that the person who was the interim head of school in 2013 has become the permanent head of school: he is fantastic, and he has the enthusiastic support of teachers and parents.. As a university professor, I can't imagine a better K-8 foundation for learning than what Soundview provides through its values-based International Baccalaureate program, excellent and rigorous approach to math and science, and the integration of visual and performing arts at every level of the curriculum.

Posted January 19, 2014
We have been at Soundview for 4 years. My children love school. The teachers are amazing both in terms of teaching quality and commitment. The curriculum is challenging, particularly in math and science. Music and art are an integral part of the curriculum just like the old days! The kids at Soundview are enthusiastic, intellectually curious and well, happy. Soundview is building leaders who will have the confidence and academic preparation to tackle their goals.

Posted May 09, 2013
The school has been undergoing a lot of change lately. To be honest, our family feels that changing the head of school was the right move at the right time for the growth of the school. The former head of school was full of great ideas, but didn t have the skills to move out of the entrepreneurial, seat-of-the-pants approach to a more structured, well-thought-out approach. The interim head of school has the training necessary and the determination to help Soundview continue to grow as a school. He also appears to have a highly supportive staff helping him in this transition. In spite of the mid-year head change, the school has not changed its mission. It is still offering a well-rounded education with a fantastic teaching staff and administrators who care. From what I ve heard, reenrollment is reaching record levels, which shows that most families are putting faith in the school over the next year as it transitions. We are thrilled to have our children at the school and look forward to seeing them graduate from Soundview one day.

Posted April 18, 2013
we are currently in the enrollment process with soundview. yesterday my Daughter attended a day at Clearwater. Never before have I heard her so excited and passonaite about school. she is egarly awaiting there decsion on weather or not she will be accecpted. we are keeping our fingers crossed. I would recomind this school to any parent who wants a better education for there child. she learned more in 1 day then she has in months at public school

Soundview School 1

Posted April 10, 2013
Head and founder of school let go by school board for poor enrollment numbers over last one year (really???) and the chairman of the board who has no affiliation with the school plus has never been seen around the school suddenly appears out of nowhere and is making all the decisions. Parents like me and most others I have talked to are very displeased and are not re-enrolling. Teachers are very poorly qualified, one of the first grade aid is now the class teacher. Complete lack of direction in the new management. Beware of elementary school head. Interim head is LEARNING how to run the school. Do you really want to send your child to a school where the teachers and administration themselves are in the learning mode? Guess if I want to spend the money, I would like some experienced teachers and not some newbies. I am really surprised why their aren't more reviews depicting the real picture, I am just writing to help out, if I would have seen something like this posted, I would have not let my child attend this school.

Soundview School 3

Posted February 14, 2013
Change in management in middle of year 2013 - head director, founder let go by board of directors. Brand new math teacher in 2012-13 year and only lectures in classroom - does not know how to do differentiated teaching even though the classroom is very small. Math is taught sometimes by this teacher and at other times by the science teacher. Math is a weak link in this school.

Posted October 11, 2012
My daughter was enrolled in an independent school in Seattle when we decided to relocate to Lynnwood. Our school's admissions director turned me onto Soundview School, which I had never heard of. She recommended it as her premier choice for an independent school in Snohomish County. Five years later, not only my daughter, but her three younger siblings are all happy Soundview students. It is a young school compared to its Seattle-based counterparts, but that is precisely what makes it such an exciting community to be a part of. The IB curriculum is challenging and innovative and my kids (aged 3 to 9) are all highly engaged. It's so nice to pick my kids up from school and consistently hear that they had a great day and love being there. Kids are by far the best critics. Not only is Soundview a fit for my kids, but it is an equal fit for my husband and I. It was of primary importance for us to find a school that we felt comfortable in, and a staff and parent base that were friendly and shared our common goals. We have found all of this in Soundview.

Posted September 14, 2012
I am in my 17th year of teaching, and my second year at Soundview, and I can say that this school is unlike any of the other schools in which I have had the good fortune to teach. Soundview's curricular focus of encouraging student inquiry and the practical application of knowledge makes for an exciting learning, and teaching, environment. After learning the IB framework, I wouldn't want to teach anywhere else. And I love my clever, inquisitive, risk-taking students.

Posted September 13, 2012
I've had a great time teaching students at Soundview and am looking forward to sending my daughter to Soundview in the near future.

Posted September 13, 2012
I am honored to work with such dedicated, passionate and talented teachers. The teachers at Soundview consistently come up with unique and creative ways to keep students involved and engaged in their education.

Soundview School
6515 196th St SW, Lynnwood, WA  98036
Last modified Soundview School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Soundview School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.