Soundview School 5

Posted August 05, 2015
Spent many years there and they did a fantastic job getting my child ready for high school. Great work! Thank you

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 04, 2015
While there are specific measures for the IB program, the school and the teachers in particular are given creative room to address each individual class as it comes through. Because of this, I feel they are able to (and do) adapt to the nuances of the classes they teach. It also allows them to seek out the passion of the students. The teachers are also very willing to work with students and parents who may need a little extra communication or guidance through difficult challenges.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 04, 2015
In our experiences thus far, homework has been limited and has always had a purpose. It seems to be mindfully given, and I hope that continues as our children move through the grades.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
I think anyone who has witnessed the middle years math knows that students come out the other side with an appreciation for how hard work and persistence pays off. That's not the only area you see the benefits, though. From after school activities (you should see those students work on their drama performances or their programming skills) to classroom projects, these kids are encouraged to persevere and then celebrate their successes at the end.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Students are encouraged to see the larger world and their place in it. While leadership is a key component to their learning, it's taught as leadership and not bullying. Students learn to appreciate those around them while navigating difficult transitions throughout childhood and adolescence.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Students are encouraged to see things from other perspectives. This is modeled by the interactions of older students with younger as well as faculty and administration with parents and each other.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
Without a doubt, I feel my children learn to be honest and speak with integrity. I also feel that they learn respect for the opinions their peers hold even if they don't match up with their own.

Soundview School 5

Posted August 04, 2015
We have 2 children at Soundview and feel it is a very safe environment. They both thrive at the school and look forward to school each day. We trust each and every staff member to deliver the education that will help mold them into leaders of their community.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 07, 2015
The teaching methods are dated and lack creativity. It seems they use the same curriculum year after year.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 07, 2015
I have have picked my child up on countless occasions and had a teacher tell me "your child didn't want to do *insert activity here* today so they just went and did this other thing." When I discussed what the teacher tried to do with my child to encourage them to try the activity it turns out they didn't even try.

6515 196th St SW, Lynnwood, WA  98036