Cedar Valley Community School 5

Posted September 07, 2009
I attended Cedar Valley Community School for 3 years. From 5th grade to 8th grade. All the staff are very caring and want nothing but a good education for each and every one of the students. I am now a Senior at Lynnwood High School and I still go visit C.V.. The school has always provided after school programs to help students with class projects. They really capture the kids hearts, I know this because they captured mine. (: --Amber Tolbert

Cedar Valley Community School 4

Posted April 21, 2006
I feel Cedar Valley Community School is a good school. All the teachers that I have dealt with, are very passionate about there students education. Any parents that complain about the teachers in this school, obviously haven't been in the classroom to see what they are up against. Which brings me to the sad fact of the small handful of parent volunteers at Cedar Valley. I strongly believe that the more involved a parent is with their childs schooling, the better student they will become. Perhaps parents should jump in and give a hand instead of pointing blame. As the students get older they seem to be increasingly disrespectful and dissruptive during teaching time. Children should be taught to be respectful in the home, so that children that are there to learn can actually do so without the disruption.

Cedar Valley Community School 3

Posted February 01, 2006
Good school, great teachers, I think the major thing this school needs is more activities for the middle schoolers.

Cedar Valley Community School 5

Posted September 20, 2005
This school is great. The teachers are all very kind and compassionate to all learners. My child loves going to Cedar Valley.

Cedar Valley Community School 2

Posted August 03, 2005
I personally would never send my child to this school again. The teachers, most of them, are good, however parental involvment seems to be discouraged. I tryed many times to talk to school officials, and my child's teacher but was brushed off every time. I also felt that if they did not like what I had to say they would react as if I had never spoke. The instructors and officials of this school seem to work as a unified unit, which is good, but not if you diagree with any of their beliefs or views of your child. Good luck on getting them to think you may know your child better than they do. Maybe it gets better as your child gets older but I do not intend to wait 'till then.

Cedar Valley Community School 2

Posted April 22, 2005

Cedar Valley Community School 3

Posted March 16, 2005
This school needs work. The teachers are good, but their form of discipline is a bit skewed. They treat the students equally. The school is new and has a nice layout, but the quality of the education needs improvement.

Cedar Valley Community School 1

Posted February 16, 2005
Since my children started attending Cedar Valley this year (2004) I've had nothing but problems and frustrations. We moved from a King County elementary and quickly realized that this school is a whole year behind King County academically. The over achieving children are kept back and the children who need extra help aren't given any. The lunch program is a joke, the children pay $2.00 for lunches and most of the time there isn't any lunch left and the kitchen staff does a poor job of throwing a few items together and calling it a lunch (oranges, cheese sandwich, and crackers). There is no cooperation from the administration of this school and when you call to speak to someone you get an answering machine. I would tell anyone who has a choice not to enroll their child into this school if you care the smallest bit about their education.

Cedar Valley Community School
19200 56th Ave West, Lynnwood, WA  98036
Last modified Cedar Valley Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Valley Community School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top