Lynnwood, WA
After care: No

Posted April 13, 2015
Our first born began attending Cedar Valley community school attending Kindergarten in 2014 2015 school year. He did not speak very well English by then. He could recognize some of the letters of the alphabet and the numbers. He could not write or read anything in English. The work of the amazing teachers and stuff in the school he is writing and skiped 1 level at the first testing and 2 levels at the second. He is now fully prepared for first grade. Not to mention he goes with smile every day to school. I see a really bright light in his future because of the hard work teachers and stuff do to set up all those kids for a excellent start in life.

Posted March 30, 2015
Cedar Valley is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers and staff who really care about their students. Our teachers and staff are highly qualified and continue to look for ways to improve and enhance their practice. Our students represent our World community with many languages spoken. That diversity is honored every day in many different ways. It is a pleasure to be part of the Cedar Valley family.

Posted March 24, 2015
Cedar Valley Community School is a great school with dedicated staff that truly care about the children we serve. We have been a school do distinction for two years in a row. We work hard to keep up on current practices and technology.

Posted March 24, 2015
I, like most of my colleagues, CHOOSE to teach at Cedar Valley because we love what we do and we love the students we serve. I've taught at other schools in the Edmonds School District as well as other Districts in Washington and out of state. Most of those schools were great schools, but none compare to Cedar Valley in terms of teacher commitment and quality of instruction. Cedar Valley is truly my favorite school and it is a special place for children to learn and grow.

Posted March 24, 2015
The staff commitment to implementing a positive environment for students is evident. Students love school wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. They have the opportunity to earn tokens/rewards for appropriate behavior in an engaging educational atmosphere.

Posted March 23, 2015
We are proud to announce that Cedar Valley Community School was recognized for the SECOND year in a row, as a School of Distinction. This award honors schools who have shown outstanding improvement in student achievement over 5 years in reading and math. Schools designated with this honor represent the top 5% of improvement of ALL schools in Washington State. Way-to-go Cedar Valley! The staff at Cedar Valley welcomes anyone to come and see what we are doing for kids!

Posted March 23, 2015
Cedar Valley is an excellent school with high expectations for students and staff. Snow Leopards are *Respectful *Responsible *Safe *Kind

Posted March 23, 2015
Cedar Valley is a warm and inviting school. It is a wonderful place to teach and learn. We work hard to align our curriculum to the Common Core State Standards which help prepare our students for college and career readiness. We have high expectations for students and staff alike, and character education is integrated into our daily activities. We are working to prepare our students to become contributing members of society!

Posted September 07, 2009
I attended Cedar Valley Community School for 3 years. From 5th grade to 8th grade. All the staff are very caring and want nothing but a good education for each and every one of the students. I am now a Senior at Lynnwood High School and I still go visit C.V.. The school has always provided after school programs to help students with class projects. They really capture the kids hearts, I know this because they captured mine. (: --Amber Tolbert

Posted April 21, 2006
I feel Cedar Valley Community School is a good school. All the teachers that I have dealt with, are very passionate about there students education. Any parents that complain about the teachers in this school, obviously haven't been in the classroom to see what they are up against. Which brings me to the sad fact of the small handful of parent volunteers at Cedar Valley. I strongly believe that the more involved a parent is with their childs schooling, the better student they will become. Perhaps parents should jump in and give a hand instead of pointing blame. As the students get older they seem to be increasingly disrespectful and dissruptive during teaching time. Children should be taught to be respectful in the home, so that children that are there to learn can actually do so without the disruption.

Cedar Valley Community School
19200 56th Ave West, Lynnwood, WA  98036
Last modified Cedar Valley Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Valley Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top