Lynnwood, WA

College Place Middle School 5

Posted February 21, 2013
I like this school even tho it could improve a little bit with the AR system. I think that will got the children to read less.

College Place Middle School 4

Posted September 27, 2012
I moved to CPM in 8th grade, and one thing that I immediately had problems with were the kids. They were extremely unwelcoming, or maybe they didn't have very good social skills, but for the first week, I had a minor depression because they were so unwelcoming, and no one ever came to sit with you at lunch or come over to you if you were alone. After that, things got better, and I started to meet some really nice people, though it did take a while :( The science program is amazing! We've already been doing tons of experiments and lab work, and the learning is inquiry based, which is good because I was never taught that at my old school. The music program is exceptional! My band teacher really made sure everyone was on track, and she was very understanding as well, and everyone sounded amazing! The teachers really make sure you understand what you're learning, and all the adults are super nice! We don't get much homework, which I'm a little worried about, because I might not be prepared for high school, but the methods of teaching really make you think. Overall, this is a great school!

College Place Middle School 3

Posted June 19, 2011
The only reason I don't give this school a better rating is the reading program. Both my kids have had a hard time keeping up with it; one is a great student and one is an average student. The program (called accellerated reading) sort of takes the joy out of reading for most kids.

College Place Middle School 5

Posted July 10, 2008
Love the school I will miss all the great teachers

College Place Middle School 4

Posted July 06, 2007
As the parent of a child with dyslexia (diagnosed in 1st grade ) hse has had several very large hurdles to get to where she is today. Now with the help of the teachers and staff at College Place she recently was main streamed into the general student population with a 3.7 grade point average, I have nothing but respect and admiration for all the teachers that helped my daughter acheive such success.

College Place Middle School 2

Posted May 28, 2007
My daughter was in AP classes so she received a fairly decent education but the social scene was awful and her attitude towards authority and adults in general has deteriorated. So beware parents. If you send your kid here then watch out who their friends are and monitor them closely. I wish I had never sent my daughter here. We are now in damage control mode.

College Place Middle School 2

Posted April 01, 2005
The academic programs seem to be right on. the extracurricular activities seem to be substantial. level of parent involvement is enough from those who can. but, many of my fellow parent/friends and myself are not pleased with the teachers themselves. I hear alot of complaints from my child about inappropriate 'swearing' by teachers. name calling toward the students. Have not been impressed since the beginning. and ready to move on as fast as possible.

College Place Middle School
7501 208th St SW, Lynnwood, WA  98036
Last modified College Place Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Place Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top