Lynnwood, WA

Posted June 22, 2014
Hazelwood is a wonderful school. I am not sure what I should have expected, as this was my son's first year in school, but they have far exceeded my expectations. The principal is amazing! He does EVERYTHING there, and seems to LOVE his job, and the children. He probably knows them all by name. You see him teaching classes in the morning, directing traffic in the afternoon, he's truly one of a kind! The gals in the office are WONDERFUL, they always have a kind and welcoming attitude and smile. The pm kindergarten teacher, though she won't be teaching there next year, was GREAT! My son was so shy at the beginning of the year, by the end, he was so involved and outgoing. He came home everyday saying how much he liked his teacher! I truly LOVE this school AND the Edmonds School District!

Posted April 18, 2014
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! The principal, Dr. Parnell, is wonderful. He is so involved, from directing traffic, to teaching classes, he's always doing something to make a difference. It's clear how much he loves his job, and how much he cares about each student. The office staff are great as well, they are always ready to help, they are always smiling a kind and warm smile. My son is a kindergartener here, and he loves this school as well. There is such a feeling of closeness, the 6th graders play with the younger kids, its like they're one big family. I cant think of one negative thing about this school, its truly an amazing, one of a kind school!

Hazelwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2013
We love this school! The teachers are all so kind, and love their jobs, and the principal is amazing. We are new this year, but it seems like there is a lot of parent involvement at the school, and a lot of support for kids. The only reason this is not 5 stars is because the parking lot is way to small, and pick up and drop off are too crowded.

Posted May 24, 2013
The parent/teacher involvement is incredible. Proud to be an Hazelwood Eagle mom. Looking forward to my sons Elementary career at Hazelwood

Posted November 01, 2012
A lot of family involvement. Great teachers. Dr. Parnell, the principal is also amazing. He is very involved in daily activities and after school activities.

Posted April 27, 2012
Love the school and faculty!! Our oldest has attended from K-3 and our youngest starts K in the fall. We love the faculty we've come across. The principal is wonderful with the kids. Seen him in action handling various situations. He is involved and lets parents/children know he appreciates our help. Another reviewer mentioned paying for supplies - that IS a Washington thing with statewide budget cuts. We have to pay for our own supplies. Just buy them on clearance to save for the next year. Saves a bundle!!

Hazelwood Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2011
Safety is an issue! Kids wander off school grounds unnoticed and children get left behind on field trips! I have found kids in my backyard (which meets up to the school yard. I informed the school of this TWICE. Their response was to have the children that did it the second time write apology notes to me for trespassing. My issue was the safety of the kids, not that they were in my yard!! Then, while on a field trip, there was an apparent misunderstanding about where exactly in the park I would meet my child to have lunch. Their response was to have my child wait alone, completely unattended, with no parent or teacher, to wait for me while they left the park to go get lunch across the street. And this is within 3 weeks of an attempted child abduction in the area. When I found the area of they park they left him at, he was visible to NO ONE, not even cars driving by on the main road! He will NEVER attend another off grounds function at this school again. The principals response was he will ask the teacher what happened.

Hazelwood Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2011
We are a military family and have a 3rd and 5th grader here. We are so pleased with the 3rd grade teachers effort and ability. The 5th grade teacher we had issues with, but after some heavy pressing on the principal, into the second half of the year, we were able to change the teacher and our 5th grader is now soaring! Our children have attended 3 different schools, and although it wouldn't be my first pick out of the three, it is a nice and friendly environment and would be my top pick in the Lynnwood/Alderwood/Brier area! There is a lot of parent participation and the principal is AWESOME and very involved. I rated the school as an average because they are tight with funding and activities for the kids. Might be a Washington thing, but we have never had to pay for EVERYTHING! Example: The 5th grade teacher (who's class we pulled our child from) gives the students a hot cocoa party or popcorn party for good behavior, but the student is responsible to bring their own hot cocoa or popcorn! Really??? They can use school computers for classwork, but if they brought in a ream of printer paper at the beginning of the year. A private education might have been cheaper out here!!

Posted January 19, 2006
I love this school! The principal is involved and actually teaches some classes. Everytime I leave there I say to my husband I'm so glad that my stepdaughter goes there.

Posted May 10, 2004

Hazelwood Elementary School
3300 204th St SW, Lynnwood, WA  98036
Last modified Hazelwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazelwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top