Lynnwood, WA

Hilltop Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2015
This was once a bright and active school with a very experienced staff of teachers and administrators. A few years ago the district introduced a new principal who drove off most the board certified teachers. Many of the remaining teachers are unfriendly to parents and rude to their own students. When approached about this change in direction the district superintendent informed parents that the school was moving experienced teachers out as the enrollment for our school was projected to decline. This is despite the construction of over 1,500 new homes within the school's territory. Since that statement from the superintendent the schools enrolled population has only increased.

Hilltop Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2015
Horrible school, with a lack of communication on the school officials part. Make sure your child does not miss all of the 10 days allowed with doctors note. Your child's health records will be needed at some point during your child's tenure at the school, have those ready at all times. Watch what your child watches and repeats, if the school has an issue with you or your child they will not tell you until they feel the situation is out of hand rather than confronting the issue when it is first verifiable. Be careful here.

Posted May 03, 2014
My daughter has been at Hilltop for three years now and I really appreciate the focus on character building and creating a supportive school community, as well as keeping high academic standards. While I can't volunteer regularly, there are a number of parents who give considerable time and energy to the school which I think makes a big difference.

Posted September 27, 2013
Hilltop Elementary This is our sons 1st year at Hilltop and we have been very pleased with our experience so far. We are impressed with all staff, especially his teacher.

Hilltop Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2013
Great school with teachers who care about their students. There are fun events planned throughout the year that seem to help keep the parents involved.

Posted February 09, 2013
I simply love Hilltop and have loved my child's experience there. Mrs. Ross and Mrs Parkhurst are some of the best Kindergarten teachers hands down! And my son has love 1st grade with Ms. Austin. I think there has been some ups and downs with changes in the last 2 years but they are truly a great school and wonderful staff!

Posted December 03, 2012
this school is just wonderful. i am a 6th grader and i love it some of the staff members are RUDE! but overall i think the school has taught me couarge, perserveance and many more.... i came to this school with no math skills or reading skills my 3rd grade teacher mrs. jansen was VERY kind and taught me the right ways of math and reading... if u have her for any classes u are lucky ps. ms.v is very RUDE u cannot trust her i defintly recommoned this school :)

Hilltop Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2010
Terrible school. There are several teachers that absolutely should not be teaching. A majority of the office staff is nothing but rude. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Hilltop Elementary School

Posted November 27, 2007
I have two children at HillTop and truly appreciate their attention to detail in helping all their students to excel. Ms. Smith keeps the formula engaging and rewards students and teachers alike. We are very satisfied!

Posted April 22, 2007
My son has attended Hilltop since kindergarten and he is in 5th grade now. His teachers have all been wonderful and his 4th grade teacher really encouraged my son to be a reader. Several teachers started a Boys Book Club that meets after school. Hilltop has received national recognition for its character education and they have a value of the month they work on. My son serves on justice league (a peer review group), safety patrol, band, etc. The Hilltop Dancers are a great dance performance group for children. I like the principal Penny Smith -- she is very fair and responsive.

Hilltop Elementary School
20425 Damson Rd, Lynnwood, WA  98036
Last modified Hilltop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilltop Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top