Lynnwood, WA

Lynnwood Intermediate School 1

Posted September 02, 2015
My Child has attended this school for 5 years... And its been awful every step of the way. She has anxiety, and they absolutely are NOT supportive or understanding. The "counselor" is the most unprofessional woman I've ever encountered, the "anti bully" program does significantly more harm than good, and the test scores reflect the low level teachers employed here. They won't notify you if your child is hurt if they deem it as "overly dramatic ", there's very litte adequate recess help, their food program is a joke, and the general population of students is out of control. When a student cut 6 inches off my child's hair, they brushed it off, and I've been told I'm "too involved " with my child (What does that even MEAN?!). We have had to contact the district multiple times. If i were able to change schools, I would in a heart beat. Fortunately, i supplement my child's education. I highly recommend if you want what's best for your child and have the means -- GO ELSEWHERE!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 02, 2015
The anti bully program this school has is in fact a cop-out to actually doing anything about bullying. They have done nothing to teach these kids real compassion or empathy. That would require that the teachers and staff pay adequate attention

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 02, 2015
This school does not support fairness, as children with behavior, mental or emotional issues are singled out. The Teachers and staff are NOT honest nor do they have any integrity. I've dealt with all the office staff, many teachers and aids, and have not once felt they were truly capable or understanding.

Posted August 20, 2013
My son goes to LWE, and he LOVES it. The teachers are great, parents are involved. Academically, they want the best for all students. Love the Anti-bullying is awesome. The principal is a really nice person.

Posted June 04, 2013
I am a Grandparent to two children ages 6 and 9 who attend LWE. I have had nothing but very positive experiences with the staff and faculty. Parents and Grandparents are very involved. I really like the varied cultural backgrounds of the children. To me this is America at it's best.. The emphasis on tolerance and anti-bullying is very commendable.

Lynnwood Intermediate School 1

Posted February 26, 2012
I don't think the school is as good as when my older children were there years ago. I guess the principal was replaced and the whole school has been in a different task now. It is like a zoo; more drug, bulling, behavior problems amount the students.

Posted January 28, 2010
I left Lynnwood Elementary years ago to a school that was called 'a good school' . And I came back again because I trust LWE, I like their anti bully program, I like the teachers and staff, I believe the principal is in charge for all. I feel it is a home to me. And it is a home to everyone who likes to be respected and to learn a well self discipline. All the teachers are responsible, caring, loving and keep up the learning very interesting. I love LWE.

Posted January 09, 2006
This school is a nice school for parents to send their kids to. They teach kids why not to fight and they have elder kids that teach the younger kids what to do and what not to and they help them solve their problems at recess time.

18638 44th Ave West, Lynnwood, WA  98037
Last modified Lynnwood Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lynnwood Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top