Bad
Good

I feel like all these reviews are really outdated. Teachers, administrators, students, and the neighborhood have changed within the last couple years and yet we base neighborhood decisions and schools on this old information. My son has been going to Martha Lake since kindergarten and is now in 5th grade. He is an average student and has followed the path you would expect for most students. The population is very diverse and one of the things I love about MLE. Kids from all races and ethnicities feel welcome and included in my experience (I volunteer in the classroom so I have gotten to know students over the years). This school is also more than a school; the surrounding community embraces the MLE family and supports the kids who attend the school. The teachers and staff are highly qualified and it amazes me how well run the classrooms are. The support staff are helpful and friendly and truly care about the kids as individuals, rather than just a kid amongst many kids. I would highly recommend MLE.

This is an amazing school with amazing teachers. The diversity is so rich, and there are plenty of extra curricular activities. They do not teach cursive any longer, as it is not needed in common core, but some teachers still choose to teach it. There is choir during recess, as well as service club and conflict managing. You can also choose to work in the library or do safety patrol to protect your fellow classmates. This is a wonderful school.

Some teachers at MLE are very good but there are at least two that just phone it in at best. Lots of broken promises. It must be nice to have tenure and collect a paycheck for nothing!

Mrs. Smith, is a wonderful teacher! She cares about all of her students being successful and makes the classroom a place of camaraderie and respect. My son loves having her for his teacher! And he has learned so much this year.

All the teachers are different. And every one makes school very fun. I've never not wanted to go to school for as long as I've attended Martha Lake Elementary. The other students also have a lot of personality. There was never one boring day. I don't think the classes are too big. My last class had 31 students and we all became friends. We could also learn while having fun. Honestly, this is the best school I have ever attended.

Great School -- Great Teachers -- including the exceptional teachers who lead Music, PE, and Librarian/Computers

I agree with the report on class size, my third grader has 27 kids in class, and I think that's way too big. We do love our teachers at this school, but the parking lot and having no busing makes drop off and pick up a huge hassle for parents and kids.

I just got the report on class size, and disagree about there being 18 students per class. There are 25 students in my sons class, and I think that's way to big. Especially for kids just learning to read.

This school is overall a good school for my son. He likes his teacher, and the staff, and is learning well. The only things I think could be better are the class size is way too big. He has 25 kids in his class. And the parking lot is a nightmare for dropping off and picking up kids. It's way too small for the size of this school.

Last modified Martha Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.