Posted June 18, 2013
Rock Creek Elementary, Maple Valley, Washington This is a great school! I have been a high school teacher for many years and currently have a daughter attending Rock Creek. I have also worked with public school staffs all over the country. Rock Creek has one of the most dedicated group of teachers and administrators I have ever encountered. I would not even consider allowing my daughter to attend another school. Actually, my opinion wouldn't matter that much because my daughter loves the school even more than I do.

Rock Creek Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2013
We have had two children attend and found Rock Creek to be okay. Its a great community, they are very warm and friendly, but communication from specific teachers has been sometimes slow or unresponsive. I'm sure that depends on the teacher, but it is still inconsistent. This may have to do with it being one of the largest elementary schools in the state and in a facility that is jam-packed because of levy failures. Overall, I have found staff to be trying their best, but coming up short in that area.

Posted February 26, 2013
Rock Creek is a wonderful school. The teachers, administration, and staff are warm and supportive. The parents are highly involved, and the kids are thriving both academically and socially. Best school in Maple Valley and the south King County area.

Posted May 16, 2011
As a mom of 2 who attend and attended Rock Creek. I can honestly say this School is wonderful. The math program is great. The teachers offer additional help often and keep the parent in the loop at all times. My oldest is a math wiz but my youngest was having a hard time. The teachers gave her the individual help and encouragement needed and she is now confident and eager to work on math. What more can a parent ask for. Go Rock Creek!!! Many of us thank you.

Posted March 18, 2010
Dear parent that posted a comment on March 11, 2010, With all do respect, I am appalled by your comments regarding Rock Creek's math curriculum and completely disagree. Rock Creek is an excellent school overall and any parent that has a child attending this school should be honored. It may not be clear to you that they are making the grade, but the reality is that they are as evidenced by their test scores and achievement award. I'm not sure what you mean by 'getting our children prepared to compete in math and science'. Math and science are an art form. Art is not taught for competition, it's taught to acquire the necessary skills, love and appreciation for math and science so that it stays with you for a lifetime. Please consider how you can help the school and your child(ren) rather than providing negative comments and doing nothing constructive.

Posted March 16, 2010
Wow, I am surprised by the previous comment. I wouldn't think anyone would be disappointed by the math curriculum and the teaching of it. My children have done great and if you check the test scores for this school they are also great

Rock Creek Elementary School 3

Posted March 11, 2010
This a very good school in the grammar, writing programs. However the math curriculum is far from adequate. As a former program manager for colleges and universities I can say that the major deficit is in 'delivery' and 'assessment'. Teachers, mainly in math do not have the adequate knowledge to teach the subject. Their math rubric does not fit the curriculum. Clearly, they are not making the grade here, or will they ever change? If they want to get our children prepared to compete in math and science...they need to get their act together!

Rock Creek Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2010

Posted June 17, 2009
Great Teachers, great program

Rock Creek Elementary School 0

Posted May 30, 2009
Special ed for both of my kids (who have high functioning autism) has been awesome. Staff look at the individual student and proactively include me in IEP creation. Communication from home-school is great. Integrated before/after school is also excellent. Helped me transition back to work full time...

Rock Creek Elementary School
25700 Maple Valley Hwy SE, Maple Valley, WA  98038
Last modified Rock Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rock Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.