Posted October 02, 2013
I have had three children in Glacier Park over the past four years and can confidently say that NONE of them has had a "dud" teacher. My son received a perfect score on the 5th-grade science MSP, and I give his teachers 100% credit. The Tahoma district is a funny dichotomy: District curricular leadership is exceptional, so teachers and administrators really collaborate and devote themselves to the notion that students should experience an outstanding curriculum across the board at every level. That means, happy, stimulated kids and high test scores. On the other hand, TSD struggles to get the community to approve construction bonds. That means the buildings are a mess, overcrowded and falling apart. Glacier Park is no exception, but they make it work anyway. Beyond awesome academics, the school offers before- and after-school enrichment clubs and sports, a visiting drama program, and one of the best music teachers around. The principal is fine, but the teachers are outrageously good, and kids just seem to love it there.

Glacier Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2011
School has wonderful supportive staff. Teachers vary. I love the emphasis on reading at every level K-5. Homework could increase a little to prepare students for middle school. New principal on board who seems to have a good handle on things. PTSA is wonderful. Hoping to see more parent involvement in PTSA in order to continue to provide excellent enrichment programs that kids thrive at at GPES. Definitely recommend this school!

Posted June 14, 2010
My son attends this school and my daughter did also, and just graduated from Tahoma High School. My daughter had a very difficult time from 2nd to 4th grade. She was is the reading assistance program and struggled with reading. She graduated with a gpa of 3.6 and was accepted into the UW. She took mostly honors classes and now enjoys pleasure reading. If her teachers didn't intervene on her behalf at Glacier Park, who know what would happen. The school cares about each individual child. The only downfall is the lack of diversity in the school, both teachers and students.

Posted June 03, 2010
Now that my child has been in the school almost two school years, we have realized how lucky we are. Where else can you find TOO MANY parents participating? Where we're almost fighting to help?!? With a dedicated staff, completely friendly atmosphere, and well rounded curriculum, it's the perfect school

Posted July 13, 2009
Love this school!! Fantastic administrative leadership and staff, high quality teachers and very involved parents. I have two children here and have always found that the teachers and staff are very approachable, always willing to listen and take appropriate action when necessary. Kids are involved and proud of their school...that says a lot!!!

Posted March 18, 2009
I have 2 students here - we love the school, teachers, principle, and all the extras. My kids enjoy going to school at Glacier Park - even when they are sick, they still want to go to school they love it so much.

Posted January 31, 2009
My 2 daughter are currently at Glacier Park. The principle and the Dean is wonderful. Very helpful. Staff and Paraeducators are great. We are so happy to have our children attend school here. Ms. Piece, 5th grade teacher, is one of my daughter's favorite. She's the best teacher who care about students and make learning fun.

Posted September 21, 2008
We have been very happy at Glacier Park - the principal is fabulous and we've been pleased with our teachers. We love the zero hour offerings too.

Glacier Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2008
We're still new to the school and settling in. I like the school, but am concerned about some of the 'regulations' that they impose which are not in the guidelines. Also, the school seems overly concerned about scores. I'll submit another review later in the year.

Posted January 06, 2008
We have four children who go to Glacier Park and we love the school and the teacher involvement.

Glacier Park Elementary School
23700 SE 280th St, Maple Valley, WA  98038
Last modified Glacier Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glacier Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top