Maple Valley, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 11, 2013
When I first walked through the doors of Blossoming Hill Montessori I hadn't been in an elementary school building for many, many years. My memories of my own elementary school were of sterile hallway walls and an even colder environment inside many of the classrooms that I sat in during my years as an elementary school student. This was NOT the case at BHM! I instantly felt a warmth that permeated the room. I was greeted by three little girls who asked if they could help me followed quickly by their teacher Teresa whom I was there to see. After just five minutes in Teresa s presence, pure, genuine love for her students was what I could see. I have now had the pleasure of visiting with Teresa, April and all of the wonderful children who attend BHM three times while accompanying my husband to the school as part of their Visiting Artist Program. The positive energy, the way that the children are taught, cared for and respected as well as the huge role that the parents play in this community has made my husband and I plan to send our future children to BHM so that they can receive this beautiful experience at the start of their scholastic careers too!

Blossoming Hill Montessori School 2

Posted November 03, 2013
Not enough supervision for young children (2-3 years). Front door is unlocked and there are no security measures. I pulled my son from the school after picking him up one day and none of the teachers on the playground knew where he was. I went inside to check the bathroom and he was locked inside unable to open the door, scared and crying. My fear is that with the lack of supervision one of the little ones could be out the front door.

Posted October 25, 2013
Blossoming Hill Montessori has been such a gift for our family. After attending several preschools in the area, we knew there had to be a place where early childhood education was taught by educators who understood how to lay a strong foundation for learning. We found it here! Caring people there to make our daughter's experience first rate is what we find every day when we drop her off. It feels so good knowing she is in such a wonderful environment.

Posted October 24, 2013
What an incredible school. After enrolling our daughter in a traditional preschool program, and realizing that would not fit her needs, we visited and interviewed about 7 different preschool programs within our area. Blossoming Hill was the clear choice, and blew every other program out of the water. I was impressed with the nutrition program, the visiting artists, and the sense of community the school embodies. Everyone is made to feel included, and each individual is honored and special. The teachers are amazing and are clearly committed to the children of the school. My daughter has been enrolled in the Early Childhood Education program for almost a year, and we have noticed a huge difference in her behavior, happiness, and self-esteem. I recommend this school to anyone with preschool and/or elementary aged children who want a quality education for their kids.

Posted October 23, 2013
From the moment we walked in to the school and saw the kids in action we knew we had found the right place for our daughter. She's been there 2 years now and we have not had one doubt. The school is a wonderful community where kids learn to be self reliant, are real kids, get dirty, make gorgeous art (with visiting artists), put on mind blowing theater productions and talent shows, eat healthy together, help, care for and celebrate each other, enjoy the outdoors, learn learn learn.

Posted August 12, 2013
We are so impressed with this school. The entire community has welcomed our family with open arms. The staff is walking their talk, really following their mission, and proactively ensuring that their curriculum and teaching practices are innovative and up-to-date. Compassion and joy is exuded from this entire school. (You hear the word community a lot, and it is genuine). The education has been wonderful. The staff is well-versed on current brain research and what that means in education and Montessori. Children of all levels and abilities are supported and challenged. (I've sat in on several lessons and I am so impressed with the variety of materials, styles, and techniques). We were so excited to be accepted into this school, and the school has made us feel that they feel lucky to have our children (and even us!) there too.

Posted June 05, 2012
Blossoming Hill Montessori is an amazing school with outstanding staff. My two children both love all the staff and truly consider them family. The tell me how everyone at school is their friend and that everyone likes everyone. The children support each other in so many ways. While planning her birthday party, my 5 year old wanted to ensure that all the foods being offered were safe for all her friends and asked questions so that no one would feel sad they could not eat something. She knows what is safe for everyone because of the great communal meals they have twice a day. Beyond just the wonderful community, the children are getting a great eduction. The teachers work to challenge each child where they need it. When my son hit the mid-winter slumps, we worked together to come up with a plan to get him excited. Being involved and helping brainstorm with his teacher is amazing. I cannot say enough great things about Blossoming Hill.

Posted January 09, 2012
My daughters love this school!! I believe that this school treats each child so special and the love and attention they get is unparalled to any other educational service out there. The teachers and staff are very commited to each child and to montessori education. My girls love the meals (so do I) and the visiting artisit is always a hit. I also like that my children can work at their own pace and not that of a large class room. They work more efficiently and therefore they are more productive.

Posted January 08, 2012
We love BHM because it recognizes the unique needs of our child and provides a comfortable, safe environment for him to grow - socially and academically. Beyond that, we are the newest family to join the group and have felt so welcomed by everyone in the school, from the teachers to the other families. Love this community!

Posted November 23, 2011
Blossoming Hill is led by two amazing passionate teachers. Even though they have many children in the classroom, we feel as if our daughter has her own private teacher. They are so attentive to each individual and unique child. They teach to each skill and development level as well as fuel the passion for learning to everyone. Their whole body approach with nutrition, yoga, PE, science, cooking, and visiting artists, is helping our 6 year old daughter flourish. The whole community of families feels like a big hug. I know my daughter is in great hands with everyone. We are positive our child will stay at the school for as long as possible.

Blossoming Hill Montessori School
23855 SE 216th, Maple Valley, WA  98038
Last modified Blossoming Hill Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Blossoming Hill Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top