Marysville, WA

Posted November 08, 2013
We feel very fortunate to have our son be able to attend this school. The staff and teachers all seem very committed to the kids and preparing them for their future. This is a newer school that actually combined 2 schools in the area (as I understand it) so perhaps the low test scores are because the current staff has not had enough time to get all the students on the same page. I have a feeling that some of the negative reviews may have come right after the schools were combined. It may have taken a couple years to get the staff and students and curriculum all straight. My son has only been there for 3 months and his reading skills (kindergarten) and sounding out letters and words are coming so quickly it is astonishing us. They have a morning assembly that I really enjoy attending where the ideals and messages communicated are always ones that I wish I would have in public school. We are not Native American, but are so impressed by the way this school is teaching about Native language and traditions . Good values are universal and understanding other cultures is a valuable asset later in life.

Posted December 07, 2011
Within four days of enrollment, my son was beaten up by a group of 4 other children. This beating occurred while the playground Duty was on their cell phone, and apparently not paying attention to the happenings around them. That being said, the School Principal worked with us to get our son placed in another school, that was closer to our home.

Posted November 12, 2010
This school has the lowest test scores in the distict, the district has some of the lowest scores in the state. My son is left handed, the 1st grade teacher comented on his sloppy writing durring a conferance, turns out she was trying to force him to use his right hand.... way to pay attention....

Quil Ceda Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2010
I find this school very good. The teachers and staff are fantastic. It is a shame that the principal is leaving. My only thought, and this applies to all school districts that I've worked with, is that they aren't tackling education in a simple direct way. Example, don't move on from addition/subtraction until they are mastered. Multiplication tables should be memorized at least up to 12 X 12. Parents shouldn't expect the schools to raise their children. This type of approach should be done in all classes.

Quil Ceda Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2010
Quil Ceda Elementary has a highly dedicated, well-educated staff who are committed to providing the best possible education and nurturing support for every child. There is a very high level of care and concern for all children and their families. Although infrequent student attendence impacts standardized test results, the school continues to grow in its quest for excellence for all.

Posted April 11, 2010
my son loved the kindergarten course all day for free he loved his teacher...once he hot first grade all he brings home is math homework and the math is a joke like tonight there was 5+2 on the 7 times #( math problems and 2 are the same question? what the heck!!!!! absolutely appalled! cant wait until he his out of there!!!!!!!!!

Quil Ceda Elementary School 0

Posted January 15, 2010
A free tutor is offered for you children once a week. My children feel better knowing that someone other than the teacher and Mom and Dad care about their learning. Every child brings home a reading goal sheet to be turned in every friday. The school just got new play ground equipment from the PTSA

Posted April 06, 2009

Posted November 19, 2006
Reading program is superior to other schools. Children prepare and plan standup book reports, erasing the fear of speaking in front of others. Many of the programs encourage parent involvement. When my children transfered to other school in district, it was astonishing to see how much more prepared and aware our children were.

Posted August 22, 2005
The only thing i can say about this school so far is that Miss Kitty in the pre-school and Miss Sullivan in the Kindergarden are the best teachers that i have seen in a long time.

Quil Ceda Elementary School
2415 74th St NE, Marysville, WA  98271
Last modified Quil Ceda Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quil Ceda Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top