Marysville Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 821 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 30, 2014

teachers neglecting kids that are being bullied. my son was bullied. when I called the school they refused to talk to me. they didn't know if I was his father or not. I told them to look at my sons birth certificate. they said they didn't have it on file. right there shows that the school is not doing their job. it's law that the schools has a copy of the birth certificate on file. The office staff was very hard to deal with. after receiving information from my sons mom they talked to me but acted like I was a child due to our conversations. all I asked them is why aren't they doing anything to help my son. they acted like my son was a trouble maker because the teacher wouldn't help him telling me he is not responding to the teach, and then they start treating him like a bad person. it made my child feel helpless. obviously aren't doing your job. your school is wasting are tax dollars and all I see are complaints why did you take down my posts on your facebook page and why aren't my other posts available. you don't like what I have to say. this is just another way to prove that mms is violating our rights and miss using their powers instead of doing whats right for our children

Posted October 25, 2013

My daughter was handed a sports packet from the Marysville Middle School staff. On the packet has Fall sports, winter sports and Spring sports as options the child would like to try out for. Well, my daughter and I read the packet and filled it out together. My daughter chose the cheer leading option. I scheduled her an appt for her sports physical. My daughter had a few questions I was unable to answer so, i told her to go to the office.... Well, according to the office staff, cheer is only gor high school!!! so, my question is, why are you handing out "district" sports packets with high school sports options to Middle school if they cant try out for the ones the kids want to do?? the packet did NOT mention anything about cheer being only for high school. Why dont they hand out sports packets that pertain to the school sports the school alone provides??? very disapointing. My daughter and I were very excited. I think the school really needs to get there sh*^ together, and be on the same page.

Posted September 10, 2013

My step daughter just started this year, but already they have helped her and me to feel welcome and I enjoy this school. Thanks MMS.

Posted January 10, 2006

Marysville Middle School is unfortunately the catch basin for student overflow. Another school in the district needs to increase their student population. Marysville Middle School has a fair academic program; low teacher involvement; a host of discipline issues; limited activities available to students; many teachers teaching to the WASL and using methods from 20 years ago; and not enough parent involvement from the right parents. Marysville Middle School needs new teachers and new methods for the veteran teachers. While walking the halls, I have heard numerous teacher complaints directed at administration and students. I seldom leave with a good feeling in my heart about Marysville Middle School. Changes need to be made and soon.

Posted November 13, 2004

I have a daughter in the 7th grade and i have to say that overall most of the teachers have been very helpful and very kind. Always working with my daughter to achieve her goals. I never have a hard time communicating with any of them. I do have one complaint and that is with the ladies in the office they are very unfriendly and not helpful to my child what so ever. As far as bullies i have found with experience that if the child tells a teacher it is handled from what i have seen the school has zero tolerance for harrassment.

Posted September 27, 2004

Our experience at MMS is dissastisfing. My child has been the victim of bullying last year and again this year. Some of the teachers are awesome and then a few need to find another job as I feel they have lost their reason for being teachers. The school is multicultural which is great if your child is the right one and if not then there is a group of kids who rule the school. I suggest any and every parent contact their local and state representives as I am doing. We need safer schools. No child should be left behind and no child should be afraid to attend school.

Posted July 7, 2004

This school we are extremely disappointed with. There is a huge violence problem at this school. Our son has been continually beat up and the school does almost nothing about it. The bulling is out of control here. the administration is very lacking. No return phone calls, you have to show up in person to get any response. The teacher are mixed. As with most district the older teachers with tenure are worn out and flake on responsibilities and the younger more organized teachers go out of their to make a difference but are getting laid off. We deeply regret sending our son here and are looking for an inter district transfer.

Posted April 6, 2004

Despite the overall reviews the school has received my son is doing well. The teachers are striving to keep me informed when he fails to turn in an assignment and do everything they can to give him as much attention as he needs. I am very happy with the school and the performance of the teachers. The administration is lacking tremendously and needs to be reviewed but I have no complaints at all about the teachers and staff at the school. On a scale of 1-5 I would rate the teachers and their efforts a 4, but the school board and administration a 1. There are changes being made currently to the board and I hope that improves the budget so my son does not have to share his math book with a student in the next class. I am just a parent with no board or teacher ties.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

273 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

274 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the Measurements of Student Progress (MSP) to test students in reading and math in grades 3 through 8, in writing in grades 4 and 7, and in science in grades 5 and 8. The MSP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2013.

291 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 69% in 2013.

292 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

283 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2013.

290 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

290 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 65% in 2013.

287 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students52%

Special education14%
Not special education61%
Limited English18%

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 94% in 2011.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 99% in 2011.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 97% in 2011.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 100% in 2011.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used End-of-Course (EOC) examinations to assess students in Algebra I, Geometry, Integrated Math I, Integrated Math II, and Biology. The EOC tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 82% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 97% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 99% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 97% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 99% in 2013.

All Students94%

Average years educational experience 12N/A12

Teacher education levels

Master's degree or higher 61%N/A66%
Source: WA OSPI, 2009-2010

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4923 67th St NE