Marysville, WA

Posted July 26, 2011
We really love this school. My first two where in the HiCap classrooms. The teachers and program are fabulous. My youngest is in a traditional classroom and she has enjoyed her experience at Pinewood as well. I have found the Pinewood families to be friendly and the staff welcoming. I recommend this school without reservation.

Posted May 16, 2011
I love this school, My eldest will be graduation from 5th gr. High Cap. and he has been here since Kinder and my youngest is finishing up 1st gr. they both have enjoyed their time here. The teachers & staff are great, always helpful and involved. The principal knows all her students and tries everything possible to help anyone of them when they need it. The parents help & volunteer when needed. I head a committee in the PTSA and the members are really good people too. This is the best Elem. school in Marysville and the Highly capable program is outstanding!

Pinewood Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2009
Like most other schools, this one lacks in preventive action for bullying and teasing. It simply does not work. They are no different than any other school. My daughter has been spit on, had food thrown on her and has been called racial names several times.

Posted April 18, 2008
I currently have a daughter in Pinewood and love it. Like I have seen in the other comments, everyone is very involved. I am very pleased with everything that we have experienced so far.

Posted June 25, 2007
I have two children at Pinewood, one of whom is going to be entering the HiCap program in the fall. My daughter just completed Kindergarten and we are very pleased with her performance and involvement. We are looking forward to becoming more involved in our childrens' education, and Pinewood definitely makes parents feel welcome! My husband will often come have lunch and play with the kids at recess. I think it's very important for children to have routine and consistency, and Pinewood is very good with maintaining these important factors of a good childhood education.

Posted May 03, 2006
Pinewood is a great school. They house the Highly Capable program which is FABULOUS, my son is thriving academically and in a group like him which has been great socially for him as well. The counselors and principal are both very accessable and there right away if the need arises. The teachers are amazing and very responsive to parents and children's needs. They have a variety of programs and extracurricular activities for all the students. Highly recommended

Pinewood Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2005
Pinewood Elementary is one of the finer schools in Marysville. The teachers are excellent and have a real focus on academic achievment. The choir is one of the best around. Parental involvement is high which I believe helps this school be on top. It was a pleasure having my children attend this school.

Posted October 12, 2004
I have been involved with Pinewood for 6 years. Both of my children have been there from Kindergarten. Some of the things that make Pinewood so great, is the involvement of everyone...Principal, Teachers and Staff, PTA, and the Parents. Everyone works together to provide a common goal for our children without taking away all of the fun. At any time on any given day, you can walk through Pinewood campus and everyone you meet has a smile and/or a hello, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a pass from the office or an answer for what your doing there. Another common goal from Pinewood is our childrens safety. Our Principal works hard to make our students feel welcome and safe. The teachers and staff work everyday to bring out the best in each student.

Pinewood Elementary School
5115 84th Ave NE, Marysville, WA  98270
Last modified Pinewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top