Bad
Good

This is my oldest Daughter's first year in school and I couldn't be happier all my fears were for nothing!. She loves Art and has the freedom to be artistic in her classroom and is encouraged to use her Imagination! She has told me many times how she will be an Artist when she grows up. I have also been to all of the schools after hours activities with my family and the PTSA does an outstanding job and I have become a volunteer for them and in her classroom when I can. It is super awesome to be able to be involved and I think it makes it all more fun for her as well! She has also received an award for Empathy and showing her compassion and care of the well being of others. This is something I think all public schools should be encouraging. I am so excited to see whats ahead for us next year as she enters 1st grade, I know it will be another awesome year at Shoultes.

I know this school doesn't have the greatest ranking on this site, but I absolutely love it. All of my kids (3) have been going to this school for three years and the staff are wonderful. My youngest, to say the least, is a challenge. All of the staff (including the office staff) have been nothing but understanding and helpful. The guidance counselor, teacher, principle, and other teachers have done everything to help my son succeed in his education. If you don't want to deal the politics from the upper ranked schools then I would definitely recommend Shoultes to any caring parent. The staff really makes the school an awesome one!

I wasn't able to get everything that I wanted said since this website only has 150 word max. :) My son & I nominated Carolyn Clark (1st grade) last yr for "Teacher of the Week" through Star 101.5 and she won! She is fantastic, offers a warm and loving environment for her students as well as a safe place to learn. Joanne Moffit, counselor, is also a great resource who's known as "the feelings teacher" -- she is available to the students during school to reason out difficulties your child may be having at school, at home or with their studies. When our cat died, I called her because my kids had such a hard time. She made a point of, when they came back to school, to meet with them and even had my son make a little keepsake about his cat.

The teachers there seem to do their best..but the overall feeling I get there is unpleasant tension.They could work on customer service skills in the office and greet people when they come in.They should treat all equal with dignity and respect..but they don't.Never a problem with the teachers..It is the senior workers in the office and a few others who need to refresh their approach.

Our experience so far at Shoultes has been very positive! My daughter just started full day kindergarten a week ago and she loves it. I love that she is so excited about it and that she seems to be catching on to everything going on. Her teacher is organized and has a clear way of communicating what is expected, which is no small feat as the class has 24 kids! Principal McFalls is fantastic too - she's very involved and I really like that she is out walking around talking to kids and parents before school and after. I was nervous about my daughter starting school, but not anymore, as I am very pleased with Shoultes.

Our school is a community. We have a diverse make-up and it seems that we are all having fun. Many of our students and families are poverty level or below. We as a school help our families with school supplies, clothes, shoes and school lunches. It is nice place to work and I also have a student there in 5th grade and my oldest graduated there 3 years back.

I love Shoultes because it has been my family for 25 years,the parents are family oriented and the teachers love the students. My children attended Shoultes from K - 5. Very friendly atmosphere, parents, staff, and students.

I think shoultes elementry is not a well learning place for my daughter.I am very dissapointed about the food.I am paying to get good food for my child and am very upset they treat her like this.If it was my option dont put your kid in this school.Thank you for listening to my opinion.

All 3 of my children attend Shoultes, this will be my sons 6th year there (5th grade). This year we were lucky to get a wonderful caring Principal! She is very approachable, has a postive attitude and is always smiling. If something is not right - she keeps going and going until it is. The math program is wonderful (everyday math). The teachers are excited to be there and teach. Great teachers!! The PE teacher goes beyond - she was meant for this job! The things she comes up with are age approipiate and exciting for the kids, my kids are always looking forward to PE day (and library day too). Thankful to be a shark!

My daughter attends the 3rd grade at shoultes and has been going there since kindergarden i love this school i just hope this years principle stays! most teachers and staff have always been so very nice, the physical education there rocks, nutrional units and fitness for life program is so awsome and encourage kids to get moving. I have always felt welcome at shoultes popping in my daughters classroom has never been a problem :) Go Shoultes Sharks!!!!!!!!!

Last modified Shoultes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.