Sunnyside Elementary School 3

Posted June 15, 2014
Your supposed to feel like you can go to the school principal with a problem and get trusted help. Not the case!!! Principal is very rude and combative. The rest of the staff is friendly and helpful.

Posted May 14, 2014
This is the worst school ever to put your kids in. Reading the other complaints matches up with my child's experience. Poor education. Poor leadership by the unapproachable principal who has an attitude problem with a fake smile. The teachers need better organization skills. When school is easy where it used to be a challenge in my sons last school tells you and your kid is re learning things from 1st grade when he's in 3rd is pathetic. Sunnyside probably needs common core as much as Im against it. The test numbers for the school are probably fudged.

Posted May 11, 2014
Princable is fake and disrespectful and fake.. poor education and teacher's dont care what's going on in the classrooms. Its truly sad.

Posted March 05, 2014
looking to re-school my children , we have been not very happy at sunny side.

Posted January 09, 2014
Wow I thought our kid was the only one having issues with adminstrators not doing anything to stop my son from getting picked on. Brought the issue up several times with teacher and nothing is done about it when he gets called names and has been punched and shoved a couple times. Sick of it. I agree with my run in with the principal that she seems like a fake and know quite a few teachers and staff that work at the school that do not like her. Hoping to move to Lake Stevens or Arlington where the schools are better anyway after this year is up. Much better schools elsewhere. They seem to be behind other schools I've seen.

Sunnyside Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2012
I love this school! I have two children in this school and have been with them for 3 years now, I think the teachers are amazing and very helpful and while my daughter has some learning difficulties, and not always the easiest child to deal with (autisic) they will bend over backwards to figure out different ways to help her. My son just started there this year, but he loves the school and his teacher. Overall we will miss this school when we move next year!

Sunnyside Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2010
Staff is very involved and genuinely concerned for students. Principal is a great leader (gonna miss him!), very present and takes time to listen. PTSA is amazing! My only concern is the academics, which is no small concern. Which after speaking to other parents, it seems to be a general district issue, not particularly this school. My kids need more of a challenge, not necessarily the Hi-Cap program. This school earned 4 stars because the PEOPLE are so amazing! I can supplement my kids academics from home but I could never replace the wonderful people caring for my children.

Posted March 09, 2010
My child goes to school here and has fallen behind in a few subjects. I have spoken to the principal and teacher and neither of them have come up with any suggestions or solutions. I have waited and waited, and they have done nothing to help when they said that they would. Also the staff that stands outside and directs the students to the cars are rude.

Sunnyside Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2009
I have come here from another state and find that the school systems here are not very up to date. Most school have went to a full day kindergarten program and it is only offered here to select students and at the price of $250 a month. Public education is paid for by the government and parents should not have to deal with this....If parents wanted to pay for an education they would send them to private school. Also, it seems this school only focuses on math because they are testing a new program and we are being told that spelling test are useless therefore they dont practice spelling....

Sunnyside Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Sunnyside teacher's are great!! My daughter enjoy's going to school there!

Sunnyside Elementary School
3707 Sunnyside Blvd, Marysville, WA  98270
Last modified Sunnyside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunnyside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top