Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

To many complaints to post! The staff is terrible! I have never had an experience with any school ever like I did with this one. I will never ever have my children and I hope my grandchildren here. My children have switched schools and are doing great now. Forewarning stay away from this place they're unwelcoming as heck. I've left this school in tears from feeling disrespected and disappointed in myself when I should have felt welcomed.

This school has definitely gone downhill over the past couple years. The curriculum is horrendous, there is a lack of activities for students which also coincides with the unorganized and lackluster PTA. The school is falling apart as well as the playground which is always in disarray and lacks any updates because of the lack of funding with the PTA. As for the two most recent reviews, quite positive they were written by PTA members themselves. There are no sidewalks to walk to school, which is why students aren't allowed to walk home themselves. There is bus transportation and parent pick up. It is correct that there is a new principal, but there is definitely a lack of knowledge and expertise on their part. Being too friendly with no backbone is surely not the way to turn this school around to a more positive path.

My kids have loved all their teachers at Summyside. It's nestled in a safe neighborhood and they can walk to school on the sidewalk the whole way.

The staff at Sunnyside really is top notch! The new principal shows her caring for all of her students and staff every day.

Your supposed to feel like you can go to the school principal with a problem and get trusted help. Not the case!!! Principal is very rude and combative. The rest of the staff is friendly and helpful.

This is the worst school ever to put your kids in. Reading the other complaints matches up with my child's experience. Poor education. Poor leadership by the unapproachable principal who has an attitude problem with a fake smile. The teachers need better organization skills. When school is easy where it used to be a challenge in my sons last school tells you and your kid is re learning things from 1st grade when he's in 3rd is pathetic. Sunnyside probably needs common core as much as Im against it. The test numbers for the school are probably fudged.

Princable is fake and disrespectful and fake.. poor education and teacher's dont care what's going on in the classrooms. Its truly sad.

looking to re-school my children , we have been not very happy at sunny side.

Wow I thought our kid was the only one having issues with adminstrators not doing anything to stop my son from getting picked on. Brought the issue up several times with teacher and nothing is done about it when he gets called names and has been punched and shoved a couple times. Sick of it. I agree with my run in with the principal that she seems like a fake and know quite a few teachers and staff that work at the school that do not like her. Hoping to move to Lake Stevens or Arlington where the schools are better anyway after this year is up. Much better schools elsewhere. They seem to be behind other schools I've seen.

I love this school! I have two children in this school and have been with them for 3 years now, I think the teachers are amazing and very helpful and while my daughter has some learning difficulties, and not always the easiest child to deal with (autisic) they will bend over backwards to figure out different ways to help her. My son just started there this year, but he loves the school and his teacher. Overall we will miss this school when we move next year!

Last modified Sunnyside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.