Marysville, WA

Marshall Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2015
The only reason I feel Marshall Elementary school doesn't deserve 5 stars is based on how they do fund raising. My daughter is in kindergarten, beginning of the year, she's crying about getting a "zebra" stuffed animal. During lunch time, infront of many students, they speak about how many items did you sell in order to be rewarded with a zebra stuffed animal and a picture of yourself with your zebra which is posted in the hallway. I've received so many book buying magazines, one is enough. This month, March, we're now having to do a auction on Cinco de Mayo. Parents must sell raffle tickets and buy items to donate to have this auction. At the same time, they're focusing on another fund raising and are pushing "toy ducks" key chains to motivate the students to participate. My daughter is 5 and she's now always asking me for $$$ regularly. The schools appearance looks old and I'm not sure where all this fund raising goes. I will say, the staff is nice and accommodating. Too many meetings. I feel as if these parent meetings are just so they can get volunteers and donations. Every month they recommend $10 a month, at least for kindergarten, not sure about 1st-5th graders.

Marshall Elementary School 1

Posted December 24, 2014
** my daughter has been peeing her pants since the beginning of the year because the school wants children to use the bathroom on "their time". This is ongoing. A ten year old did the same. And my daughter pooped her pants a week and a half ago. She is seven. **i dropped her off and she cried, she went into the cafeteria to have breakfast and was told she cannot eat because she is crying. **I wait outside with my two kids + two others for their ride to arrive at 3:52, we like the playground but we're told multiple times we are not allowed to play on it. school is out and it is public. **the ten year old has been sent to the office for taking "too long to tie his shoe" and had his sack lunch taken away because ride vice principal says it was unhealthy. I hate this school

Marshall Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2014
This is an amazing school with a wonderful staff! Every staff member who is there cares about every child, and they work really hard to help each child be successful! Mrs. Sheward has been the principal the past couple years, and she is absolutely wonderful and full of ideas on how to help kids succeed.

Marshall Elementary School 5

Posted August 29, 2014
As a parent, I wanted the very best for my children. I was quite nervous about Marshall after reading some reviews on here and hearing some things in the news. Ever since they got a new principal, things seem to be going great in the school. My child finished the school year a level ahead of where he needed to be in reading and excelling in math. The teachers and staff do their best to ensure the kids get a quality education. The PTA is also great and does excellent work for the kids. I would suggest that the school allows for an extra field trip or two and parents get into the classroom and more involved but overall, I have been pleased with the staff and curriculum.

Marshall Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2011
We were very dissatisfied with this school. Their staff was not supportive of my child's special learning needs. It appeared to us the staff did not believe the doctors diagnosis and attempted to followed their own learning plan. Our child became very upset and stressed over school. We ended up moving to a different public elementary school in the area.

Marshall Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2009
My son has been attending Marshall for the past two years. I find the principal, teachers and staff friendly and supportive. I am in the school 2 to 3 times a week and am overly impressed by the staffs' commitment. The staff is continuously learning and implementing new strategies to best teach our children. I have never seen a lack of supervision in this school. My son has several students with special needs in his classroom and the are give multiply opportunities to be successful by the teachers using various teaching tools and strategies to individualize their instruction. My son wants to go to school everyday! He is learning and loving every minute of it!!

Marshall Elementary School

Posted January 22, 2009
I am very happy with Marshall Elementary. My son has been going there for the past couple of years and they have kept me in the loop of everything that goes on with him. I have had no problems with being involved. He has become more open, talkative and is learning alot. I am glad that he is going to school there.

Marshall Elementary School 2

Posted January 26, 2007
i am very unhappy with this school. they have poor supervision, they do not involve parents properly, if at all. they give very little information about their school and are not accommodating to students needs.

Marshall Elementary School 2

Posted January 11, 2007
With special education as my childs primary education, I have wavered on This area. Lack of propper supervision, individual needs not being met, and being passified as to not rock the boat. I am unhappy!

Marshall Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2006
Our child has had the opportunity to be in an advanced reading program and the school places the children at the appropriate levels. There is a music program, library, and physical education. Excellent teaches from kindergarten through second grade. The school also teaches the children respect and diversity. I have been happy with Marshall Elementary. Not much opportunity for a child that is ahead of the class but not ready for a HiCap program.

Marshall Elementary School
4407 116th St NE, Marysville, WA  98271
Last modified Marshall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top