Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 19, 2016
You are clearly not in charge of your school. You should not be in the position you are, because you are a jellyfish. No backbone to make people responsible for their actions. You are clearly a big failure in your job. Unavailable to parents for discussions about their concerns, brushing severe problems under the table and having your culprits to cover up your stench.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 19, 2016
There are some that care who overdue it though in homework and there are some who just plainly don't give a d....

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 19, 2016
My child comes home with reading, just the facts , math, spelling and cursive, 2 pages of math every day, 1 page in spelling per day, jtf on Wednesday and reading 20 min a day and cursive thursdays

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 19, 2016
No, kids learn that there is no respect other than to respect a bully. My kids didn't want to eat lunch because it was half raw and they forced my kids to eat it anyway. And they wouldn't let them get up unless they finished.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 19, 2016
They enable bullies and bully parents who's kids that have been bullied into thinking their own kids are at fault.

Marshall Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2015
The only reason I feel Marshall Elementary school doesn't deserve 5 stars is based on how they do fund raising. My daughter is in kindergarten, beginning of the year, she's crying about getting a "zebra" stuffed animal. During lunch time, infront of many students, they speak about how many items did you sell in order to be rewarded with a zebra stuffed animal and a picture of yourself with your zebra which is posted in the hallway. I've received so many book buying magazines, one is enough. This month, March, we're now having to do a auction on Cinco de Mayo. Parents must sell raffle tickets and buy items to donate to have this auction. At the same time, they're focusing on another fund raising and are pushing "toy ducks" key chains to motivate the students to participate. My daughter is 5 and she's now always asking me for $$$ regularly. The schools appearance looks old and I'm not sure where all this fund raising goes. I will say, the staff is nice and accommodating. Too many meetings. I feel as if these parent meetings are just so they can get volunteers and donations. Every month they recommend $10 a month, at least for kindergarten, not sure about 1st-5th graders.

Marshall Elementary School 1

Posted December 24, 2014
** my daughter has been peeing her pants since the beginning of the year because the school wants children to use the bathroom on "their time". This is ongoing. A ten year old did the same. And my daughter pooped her pants a week and a half ago. She is seven. **i dropped her off and she cried, she went into the cafeteria to have breakfast and was told she cannot eat because she is crying. **I wait outside with my two kids + two others for their ride to arrive at 3:52, we like the playground but we're told multiple times we are not allowed to play on it. school is out and it is public. **the ten year old has been sent to the office for taking "too long to tie his shoe" and had his sack lunch taken away because ride vice principal says it was unhealthy. I hate this school

Marshall Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2014
This is an amazing school with a wonderful staff! Every staff member who is there cares about every child, and they work really hard to help each child be successful! Mrs. Sheward has been the principal the past couple years, and she is absolutely wonderful and full of ideas on how to help kids succeed.

Marshall Elementary School 5

Posted August 29, 2014
As a parent, I wanted the very best for my children. I was quite nervous about Marshall after reading some reviews on here and hearing some things in the news. Ever since they got a new principal, things seem to be going great in the school. My child finished the school year a level ahead of where he needed to be in reading and excelling in math. The teachers and staff do their best to ensure the kids get a quality education. The PTA is also great and does excellent work for the kids. I would suggest that the school allows for an extra field trip or two and parents get into the classroom and more involved but overall, I have been pleased with the staff and curriculum.

Marshall Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2011
We were very dissatisfied with this school. Their staff was not supportive of my child's special learning needs. It appeared to us the staff did not believe the doctors diagnosis and attempted to followed their own learning plan. Our child became very upset and stressed over school. We ended up moving to a different public elementary school in the area.

4407 116th St NE, Marysville, WA  98271
Last modified Marshall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.