Posted June 24, 2014
What I like about Island Park is how everyone was so joyful and the teachers were amazing. This school has given my child wonder adventures with new exciting challenges.

Posted July 04, 2013
Amazing teachers, great parent involvement, extra help one on one, inspiring music teachers, varied curriculum, arts, field trips, plenty of opportunity for community activities. We left a small private school to come here and we could not be happier. Parents contribute financially to provide kids with extra help and classes. It's a great place. The Principal is very involved and cares about the children.

Island Park Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2011
This is our first year here. We just moved to the island. The teachers are wonderful. They are amazing. My child's classrrom had an aide which also helped one on one learning. I'm not impressed by the admin staff at all. Front office is very rude and principal has been unapproachable. We are sending two children to Island Park next year because the teachers are so wonderful. I am holdding my breath that the admin and principal change their attitudes. At our last school the principal greeted everyone by name in the morning. Nothing like that happens here. The academic standard is very high here. If that is the most important thing than this school is for you. If you want an overall caring staff...look elsewhere. The teachers are fantastic!

Posted September 22, 2010
We are a new family to Island Park. My daughter arrived mid-year, 3rd grade. We were both welcomed and we found the teachers, staff and parents to be caring and helpful. Teachers and staff have gone out of their way to tell me how special my daughter is. I am certain I am not the only parent that is made to feel that way. My daughter participated in "Girls on the Run" which was an excellent program promoting physical fitness and ending with a 5K - it also taught life skills appropriate for elementary grades. Two teachers volunteered their time after school and they were there at the race. The Principal was also there to cheer the girls on and gave each Island Park girl a "high five". This is a wonderful school. Many family events and opportunities to volunteer at the school if you can.

Posted August 16, 2010
We have been thrilled with Island Park Elementary School. Dr. Loorem is an inspiring and caring leader. The teachers are wonderful, the classes small. Island Park has the Hand-in-Hand program which allows one extra teacher per grade. This teacher pulls out children who need extra help or an extra challenge. They help wherever the classroom teacher needs an extra hand. They are outside at all the recesses which means problems on the playground are seen and handled very quickly. The parent involvement is outstanding. From the PTA to in-the-classroom volunteering- it seems that everyone is helping out in some way, and happily. There is a real sense of community at Island Park. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend Island Park Elementary!

Posted August 24, 2009
My daughter completed Kindergarten here and is about to start first grade. We are sending her here from out of district because it is such a great school. The large parent involvement allows for more opportunity for the kids.

Island Park Elementary School 0

Posted January 19, 2009
We are new to the school this year, enrolled a child in kindergarten. We are very impressed with the leadership, good communication and caring staff. Bravo, inspires confidence overall.

Posted October 28, 2008

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted June 25, 2007
Island Park is a wonderful school with a great sense of community and open welcome to all types of children. There is an ERR program and ESL and a full time school counselor. There is a fantastic music teacher and program as well as art. The parent involvement is very high. As in all public schools the teacher needs to teach to all kids in the class but there is plenty of special help for kids of all abilities and children can excel. There are quite a few extracurricular activities and good programs at the school to support working parents.

Island Park Elementary School
5437 Island Crest Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040
Last modified Island Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Island Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top