Mercer Island, WA

Posted September 09, 2014
Specialized school for children with autism and behavioral problems. Amazing program! Amazing teachers! Excellent education and a transition plan to help kids move back to their home schools when they are ready. All school districts should have a program this good, few have anything close. We bus more than an hour both ways for the opportunity to have our son at CHILD.

Posted January 14, 2014
I was looking into the abyss with my very troubled teen with autism when another parent told me about CHILD. From the first moment I toured CHILD it felt different. They asked about my son's strengths! They had answers to questions, solutions for problems and hope never ending for helping my son. For the first time I was surrounded by people who knew so much about the things that got in the way of my son's learning and they displayed an unequaled passion for wanting him to succeed. The CHILD difference is they work their magic to find the thing or things that blocked my son from being able to connect with the world and to learn. They helped him move beyond his struggles, all the while building his self-esteem. Great school.

Children's Institute For Learning Differences 2

Posted February 27, 2008

Posted April 28, 2005
Children's Institute for Learning Differences saved my son! He bottomed out in 6th grade, middle school didn't work for an autistic guy who hates noise and transitions. He acted out and got sent home repeatedly. Soon he was desperate to avoid school at all costs. We found CHILD and enrolled him after a wasted year that was 6th grade. It took him 18 months to really settle in and learn to trust school again, but now he is an advocate for himself in many ways. His academic learning is progressing and he is actively participating in his classroom and in the school (he joined the choir!). This is a first for him! This school accepts special needs kids just as they are and helps them to find the skills inside themselves to move forward, however slow or fast their progress will be. Parents find that they are not alone either!

Children's Institute For Learning Differences
4030 86th Avenue Southeast, Mercer Island, WA  98040
Last modified Children's Institute For Learning Differences is a Private school that serves grades 2-12
Children's Institute For Learning Differences Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top