Henry M. Jackson High School 1

Posted November 12, 2014
Jackson is not a school for the serious student. There are a high number of children who attend the school because they have too, not because they are interested in learning. I have actually visited the school and monitored classes. I was shocked at the unruliness and overall conduct of the students. The faculty, doesn't seem to truly care about teaching, but instead, teaching seems to only be a job. No passion about being a difference maker. The only thing positive is that it's marginally better than Everett and Cascade HS. If other schooling options are available, I'd recommend consideration.

Posted February 02, 2014
When I first moved to Jackson, I was immediately greeted by friendly and welcoming people who genuinely care about the student and making you feel comfortable.Our school has a large team dedicated to introducing the freshman. Before school starts in the summer, the orientation is not your typical get-your-schedule-and-leave, but meet other new students and an experienced student at Jackson who will tell you the ropes and get you accustomed to the school layout and several fun activities to "break the ice" and then they serve food. The school has more clubs than you can imagine and your student will find one that they will feel right at home in. The teachers and students encourage reaching out to other students and there is a sense of community in the entire school. The teachers that I have had are some of the best teachers I have ever had in my life! They have fun and creative ways to teach and genuinely care about their students and the quality of education they receive. One thing I wish my school had was orchestra, but other than that, there's plenty of music, lots of athletics, encouraging a healthy lifestyle, great teachers a safe and friendly environment and awesome school.

Posted February 02, 2014
Let's talk education. My school has some of the greatest teachers I've ever had. Teachers make sure that every student understand what they are learning and involve all students. Of the multitude teachers and staff that I have met, they are all friendly and willing to help. Say your student is a mastermind and maybe a Renaissance Man, there classes to fit your needs. In my pre-calc class, there is a range of students from freshmen, all the way to seniors. This may sound intimidating, but it helps knit our school together and not have a separation of classes where students are scared of the big seniors or afraid of freshmen cooties. Each class has got a handful of genius students and they're always there to help out a fellow student in need. Teachers care about the success of your future and you're falling behind, or if your grades are slipping, they provide opportunities to get back up there. Some teachers are harsh and passionate about the things they teach but they teach, and make sure you know what you need to know. The chill teachers also make sure that you're actually learning but some leave it up to the student if they want to learn or not.

Posted September 18, 2012
As a parent of three Graduates and one student still in Jackson, I find the parents and students who complain do not have much faith in themselves, or the school. My three Graduates loved Jackson and have all gone on to college and now have great jobs. One is a senior financial officer at Starbucks, one is a lawyer, and one is a buyer for childrens clothing for Fred Meyer, yes all that cute close in the boys department she picked out. If you put half and effort into it you can really come out of it with a great deal.

Henry M. Jackson High School 2

Posted September 17, 2012
Both of my children have attended Jackson High School and I must say that II am most certainly not impressed with the quality of education. It seems that the school is more concerned with sports. There is a lack of discipline in the classrooms and instructors spend too much time with unruly kids who clearly don't want to learn. The school should offer more AP classes or IB classes so that students like mine and others can prosper and be ready for attending a 4 year college or university.

Henry M. Jackson High School 3

Posted July 23, 2011
Jackson has it's perks, but it's not my favorite school to go to. After my first year at Jackson, I have learned that they don't do much to honor the students who receive a high GPA, and spend too much money for sports and cheerleaders, when the money should be spent on the band, or more academics. I am not a band kid, but I support them and enjoy their music. Plus, Jackson is known for it's band going to New York to play at Carnegie Hall, but the Pep band is basically being ignored by the school. I think that more money should be used for academics and awarding those who do well in school, instead of sports and a couple million being spent on a cafeteria addition when the cafeteria we have now is fine.

Henry M. Jackson High School 3

Posted July 01, 2010
Despite high reviews from other students,I would have to disagree.From an honor student viewpoint,Jackson cares little about further improving the academic achievement of successful students due to lack of honor/ AP classes.For example,honor math&science classes are not offered,meaning that of your student will be mixed with students of all learning levels. This provides a harsh learning environment,b/c the class pace easily becomes too fast or too slow for certain students. Academic quality also depends on the teacher.Teacher quality vastly ranges. There is an excellent English program, but the math and science departments are lacking(they may be improving with new teachers). It really depends what you are looking for in a school,b/c Jackson does have good extracurricular options. Jackson is just not for advanced college prep-with the exception of 1-5 standout students. Most graduates attend a WA college -either a CC or a 4 yr. Only ~20 go to UW.

Posted April 09, 2010
My son is a student at Jackson High School. I am a high school teacher in another school district. I have had the opportunity to view Jackson from both a parent and teacher perspective and I am impressed beyond measure. My son came to Jackson after having failed miserably in a different district. At Jackson, they immediately worked to give him the extra support he needed. He was placed in algebra AND algebra support. He was placed in English AND an English support class. He made wonderful progress and ended the year successfully! Whenever I emailed his teachers they responded immediately, and compassionately. The parent access for grades and their children's assignments is unbelievable. I can not thank the Jackson principal and staff enough for what they provide for their students.

Posted December 13, 2009
I am a current student at Jackson and so far the school has tought me many things. The Academics are extreamly tought but rewarding and the athletics are scond to none. The School will have a couple of bumps in the way but it helps the students turn into better learners and the teachers and counselers all are there to help us .

Henry M. Jackson High School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
I am a current student at Jackson High, and to all the parent whom say that Jackson teachers need to motivate the students to do better. Think again, Jackson Teachers are the only reason I am still in school, if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be returning this year. Furthermore, you, as the parent, should be motivating them to do better. That's your job, the teachers do their part, when will you do yours. Yes, agreed, there are some teachers who don't deserve to be teachers. But where are you going to find a school where this isn't at least one bad teacher. Every where has bad teachers. But overall, the school is great, there may be a bad problem here and there, but that's your job, as the parent, to teach your kids to not give into peer pressure or not make mistakes.

Henry M. Jackson High School
1508 136th St SE, Mill Creek, WA  98012
Last modified Henry M. Jackson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry M. Jackson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top