Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

These principles are awful, when it comes to "fights" and other things as such, they always accuse the wrong person. There are multiple times where they also over exaggerating things, forgot your homework once, lunch service. Have your hood up for literally a minute or less, lunch service. Not to mention, lunch services are just a way for the school to make budget cuts. This is school is awful, and they have multiple people put in good reviews even though this school is pretty much a discipline camp instead of a school cause they don't teach anything. Go to Gateway, please.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

A 7th grade math teacher never taught me anything! Made her classes do pages of work and told us to look up videos on them. Never was helpful, because they would yell at us when we got them wrong! How am I supposed to get any questions right if you don't teach us!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Why too much homework! At least a few pages a night! Then we get to school and are told it's wrong!

Develops character: Agree

This school is terrible. When it comes to budget cuts, they will take as many as they want. The kids have to eat terrible food. The pizza is cardboard, and everything else tastes un-edible. The principles are terrible, and usually make rules that ruin the school. Teachers and staff give out unneeded lunch detentions all because the principles are to cheap to hire another janitor. When on school campus there is always a possibility of a slip. All of the teachers are terrible with few exceptions. I've been a student at Heatherwood since 6th when there were the old principles. I only got a conduct slip a year, but in eighth grade I already had three and for reasons such as yelling after school, for someone stealing my supplies, I was was given a slip but the person who stole my items got away and was never given one. If you are a parent, enroll your child in Gateway instead of this laughing stock of a school.

This school is terrible. the principles are too cheap to hire another janitor so people are given janitor duty for no reason. This school sucks!

Very unhappy in the way the school conducts their investigations about bullying. Lack of phone calls follow up to parents when students complains are presented to the office.

Heatherwood Middle School has a very caring staff. Almost all of the teachers are wonderful and I feel my child is getting a good education. The counselors really try to help where they can. It does seem to be a school with "cliques" and that is unfortuante. Many of the students come from very affluent homes and some students (as well as their parents) may feel as though they can't keep up with the material items. There are many AP courses, sports and after school programs. Many of the parents volunteer and contribute to the school's programs, they truly take ownership of making the school the best environment possible. The teachers always answer email promptly and post grades on-line very quickly, many times before the school day is even over. Although the system for parents to check grades is in need of some serious help, for some reason, 70% of the time it takes multiple attempts to be able to access the grades. Overall Heatherwood truly is an above average school.

I am a student at Heatherwood and i must say that they have really good classes. I now kids that are very intelligent and that are in 6th grade and that already got into trigonometry and high school math. They have a lot of advanced placement classes and that is pretty good. They just upgraded most of the systems lately and i must say that we have an awesome Tech teacher. She is showing us how to learn on diff. programs like photoshop and kodu, there is barely any bulling but there comes the normal judging there is volleyball,track, basketball and i must say one of the best schools ever to bad they dont have string orchestra

I'm a student at Heatherwood Middle School, and I'd like to say, this school's pretty nice, but when it comes to computers, the phrase "big brother is always watching" comes to mind. Anyway, this school is okay anyhow, aside from the occasional evil substitute, and I think that this place is okay (except for the PCs!).

I came to Heatherwood in 7th grade, and coming from a school that was out of state and went up to 6th grade it was my first year in middle school but my peers in the second year I thought I would feel out of place and disorganized How wrong I was I have great teachers and amazing friends. I am doing better here than in any other school. Now in my 8th grade year I feel prepared for High school.

Last modified Heatherwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.