No rating

Discovery Primary School

Public | PK-1 | 418 students

Posted March 20, 2013

Discovery Primary School has been the number one choice for us after we moved to Fife. It is a wonderful world where I watch my child growing up into a more mature person thanks to her wonderful class teacher, librarian , skip and jungle room teachers all of whom she takes her inspiration from. I simply love the way her teacher welcomes each and every student of her class in the morning.Gets down to their level to talk to them and make them feel that SHE is there for them while at school. I would look forward for more rewarding programs for eligible students .

Posted October 17, 2011

Wonderful school and really assuring to see teachers and staff that care for the students. Always seem to have parent volunteers, and love how the teachers are involved even after the student has left their class. Thanks Discovery for making my sons begining school experience so great.

Posted May 17, 2010

I enjoy the way the teachers really care about the students and my son learned so much while he was there and loved the staff.

Posted April 27, 2010

We moved so our kids could go to this school. We are so happy with our expierence and now I'm excited to send my youngest into Discovery.

Posted October 19, 2009

We moved from Tacoma to put our children in this district. Well worth the money.

Posted June 7, 2007

I think that this school is wonderful. Who ever thought of seperating the big kids from the little kids is wonderful. The teachers are involved with the kids on a one on one basis and the kids love it. The keep you up dated on everything. I Don't think that I could have chosen a better place for my son to attend.

Posted September 19, 2006

Discovery Primary was a breath of fresh air for me and my son. His first grade teacher, Miss Robin Soine was a joy and a blessing. She has since retired, however, I can say that it wasn't just her, it was a joint effort by the principal, the Title I staff, myself, my son, and Miss Soine. They really showed they cared for my son, and they took time with him, and really kept up with having meetings with me to make sure my son stayed on track. As a result, my son (6 Yrs old, first grade at the time) flourished, and began to read at second grade level (thanks to the read and lead program). He is now in second grade, and is much more aware of what is expected of him. We will both cherish the memories.

Posted January 6, 2006

My son attended pre-school at Dicovery and I was very happy with their pre-k program. The pre-schoolers have access to all activities and most programs that the other grades have access to. I was very happy with the teachers my son had each year. I found that Discovery provides a safe, friendly and warm learning environment for all children.

Posted October 19, 2005

While we have only been at this school for a few months, I really like the Kinderguarten program. The 2 full day, 1 half day works great. The instructors are enthusiastic and involved. The building is in great shape and well cared for. My daughter is enjoying her kinderguarten experience.

Posted May 31, 2005

Despite being in such a small district, Discovery's teachers and staff do an exceptional job. They keep a close eye on student assesments and have several art and movement classes for the children. I look forward to several award winning teachers coming from this school in the future.

Posted January 5, 2005

Discovery School was the best thing we ever did for our sons. Our oldest was shy and timid but Mrs. Barker brought him out of his shell. She is the best teacher I have ever seen so I asked for her when my other son went to school and we are still pleased.

Posted June 22, 2004

Mrs. Barker is a wonderful teacher and really cares about their individual needs. My daughter really blossomed in both academics and personality. I would recommend this school to any parent. There is an open door policy and the entire schools teachers encourage 'Good Choices'.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 7%

Teacher education levels

Master's degree or higher 61%N/A66%

• Julie Bartlett

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1205 19th Ave