Monroe, WA

Salem Woods Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2013
The school has changed a lot in the past 20 years. It used to be a great school with great teachers, principal and administration. However I have a child currently enrolled in the school and have had problems with the principal addressing our concerns. She is very rude and uncaring about our concerns and issues as is some of the office staff. The teachers on the other hand seem dedicated and caring to the concerns of our student. We think a change in leadership is needed to bring this once great school to it's fullest potential. The principal needs to go or we will be placing our student in school elsewhere.

Salem Woods Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2013
The leadership and resources are lacking to provide teachers with the resources and tools needed to differentiate within the classroom. The teacher quality is generally good. There are plenty of capable, talented, and skilled teachers; however, this is matched by those less able to meet the needs of students requiring accommodations within the general education classroom (those in need of more challenging work and those requiring additional interventions to succeed within the classroom). However, if you are willing to stand to bat for your child, be a strong advocate ("high profile"), you will find that you may get the attention of the principal. I have had two children attend this school. One qualified for special education services the other performed above grade level. The teachers were receptive and available. The principal was not interested in the unique needs of my children-- never showed up for IEP meetings, unresponsive to requests for opportunities to provide anything considered "above and beyond". Neither of my children are enrolled in this school currently and both are extremely successful and happy in their current schools.

Salem Woods Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2006

Salem Woods Elementary School 5

Posted January 15, 2006
I couldn't say enough good things about Salem Woods Elementary. The teachers and staff are warm and inviting. They truly care about each and every child. My daughter entered kindergarten as a shy and reserved child. Thanks to some wonderful teachers up at Salem Woods Elementary, my daughter blossomed before our very eyes. They gave her the courage and the self-confidence to get up on a stage and perform without being asked in the school talent show for the past two years. She has written and read a Martin Luther King Jr. day speech in front of the entire student body. She also served on the ASB. These are things she would never have done if it hadn't been for those wonderful teachers. Her years up at Salem Woods Elementary have been invaluable to me.

Salem Woods Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2004
My daughter now goes to this school. We really researched, and compared between Public and Private school. We found a lot of parental involvement, great teacher communication, and challenging homework with the Public school. So far we have been extremely pleased with Salem Woods. My daughter loves school, but at the same time thinks its hard work.

Salem Woods Elementary School
12802 Wagner Rd, Monroe, WA  98272
Last modified Salem Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salem Woods Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top