Mount Vernon, WA

Posted July 23, 2012
awsome school! very attentive to the childrens needs and a wonderful curriculum. this school has an 85% graduation rate. i fell safe with my children here.

Posted July 23, 2012
jefferson is by far the best school in mount vernon. my children have been challeneged academacly and are advancing very well, they also have a great special ed group. the teachers are very giving and always willing to help their students. its a very warm and welcoming school. you always see a smile when you walk into this school.

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
the teachers here have gone above and beyond to help my child adjust to his first year. we have contact often and if i ever have a question i have an immediate response. the teachers love the kids and they have a passion for them to excel!!

Posted October 24, 2009
I am so shocked by Jefferson's rating, I am really surprised! We love our school so much..the warm, comforting and secure environment, the happy lunch ladies, the big smiles and greetings,the love! The teachers are the best!!! So nuturing, able to see our children's needs and strengths, able to see that and challenge them at their level! We have such a diverse community here in Mount Vernon, we should celebrate that. We need to be thankful for the families who have worked so hard to make this our beautiful valley. We all learn in different ways..we all have our weaknesses..and Jefferson challenges those, they are learning! Teachers are not babysitters..they are giving us curriculum helpto guide are children!!Please read to your children! Hug Them! Make Messes! Adore them!!xoxox! Jefferson Elementary teachers and staff, don't change anything! You are sooooo loved...With Admiration, Shannon Flores

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted August 16, 2009
I feel bad that this particular parent is so unhappy with Jefferson. My husband and I spent alot of time researching public and private schools to put our daughter in before she started Jefferson. The experience I have had there has been exceptional. We also spend alot of time getting to know the teachers and staff to stay involved with what is going on to help our daughter succeed. A friend of mine that is a teacher told me to let the teacher choose the teacher for the next year because they know the student better in a classroom environment. I have done that and and have gotten some teachers I probly wouldnt have chosen but ended up very happy. Giong through grade school feeling excepted, safe and cared about will prepare them for the challenges ahead.

Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2009
There is a reason this school is rated a 4 out of 10. After having recently moved to another state (and to a school with a 10 GreatSchools rating), I have come to realize how poor the curriculum is at Jefferson. Both my children are so far behind in their new classes that one of them may have to repeat one year. Aside from the reading program, it seems as if the teachers (or district's) main goal is to teach the WASL and not much more. Unfortunately, there is little challenge for those children who need it. Gifted students are actually not allowed to excel as they are forced to stay at the same pace as the rest of the class. 2 1/2 hour Kindergarten is a joke, especially with all the early release days and days.

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2007
We have found being new to the school district that the teachers are very caring, but that the office staff is not very friendly or helpful. The principal is very active with the student's and seems to be very available for student's and parent's. It is to bad that the office staff is the fist impression you receive when you arrive at the school.

Posted September 18, 2006
I think that Jefferson Elementary has some teachers that really care and make the extra effort for their students. We have been so happy with the changes that our son has made in school this year. Mrs. Stephens has worked with us and found a way to incorporate a teaching method as well as a discipline method that fits our child without making him the outcast. He actually loves his teacher this year and we are thrilled that he really wants to do well and try his best.

Posted April 24, 2006

Posted December 01, 2005
Jefferson is an excellent school! Children are happy, safe, and highly educated. Teachers and staff care about excellence. I am very impressed with Jefferson Elementary.

Jefferson Elementary School
1801 East Blackburn Rd, Mount Vernon, WA  98273
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top