Posted June 28, 2014
Awesome school with extremely dedicated teachers willing to help your child in any way possible. My child blossomed in second grade with many thanks to Mrs. Clayberg. The dual language program is on the cutting edge of learning. We love Madison!!!

Madison Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2012
madison isnt a very good school. they treat the parents like strangers and they dont realy watch the children to well, last yr they sent out a flyer that stated we could change schools if we wanted due to the low scores of the tests. most of the staff doesnt care about being there for the kids they only care for the paycheck. it saddens me to say but in the past 5 yrs only 12 students that went to madison graduated high school. they have a big bully problem that they just ignore. the principle of madison should give up her chair so some one who deserves to be there can be. i refuse to have my children back at madison ever again. when they started their new school after madison they were so far behind they almost had to repeat the 3 rd grade. prays the lord for summer school. the only thing madison has going for them is their reading programs. even the pto doesnt know what their doing half the time.

Madison Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2012
I did not like this school at all. They treated my child like dirt.She was in a special ed group and they didnt want to challenege her academicaly at all. they said she was comfertable at a 2nd grade level when she was in 5th grade! The staff at madison is mean and the priceple coaxs the children into admitting they did something wrong when they didnt just so she doesnt have to investigate.My child went to madison for 1 year and I had to get an in district waver to mover her because i couldnt handle the school anymore. Even then the principle bad mouthed me to other schools.Academicaly madison is way behind where they should be and all they do is have the children memerize the wasl tests. Our children need to taught not brain washed.

Posted January 10, 2006
Very dedicated teachers at this school who are willing to bend over backwards to help all children learn. Teachers at this school go above and beyond to assist children.

Madison Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2005
- a former student
Scale of 1-10 (1-low, 10 high), quality of academic program -6, avail. Of music, art, sports and extra curric activities -4, level of parent involvement -4

Madison Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2005
- a staff
Madison staff & teachers work very hard and care deeply for all students. With transient rate over 40% they are doing an awesome job! Many former graduates of Madison school have gone on and become successful students in high school and went on to college. My niece attended Madison and is now going to Gonzaga university on an academic scholarhsip.

Madison Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2005

Madison Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2004
My child has just completed kindergarten at Madison and I am very pleased with the education she is recieving. The key to our schools' improvement is the caring snd devoted staff who are working very hard to see Madison's test scores improve. I would like to see more parent involvment...but that problem is not unique to Madison! I look forward to seeing Madison imrove over the coming years.

Posted September 22, 2003
Let's get your information up to date! You are quoting test scores from 2002, technology information from 2001! Madison Elementary is a Gates Grant school and has less than 4 students to each computer. They are working very hard with a population that is both high needs and itinerant. Both my children went to Madison and they are in engineering and science at the University of Washington. Madison School puts forth more effort and heart than any school around.

Madison Elementary School
907 East Fir St, Mount Vernon, WA  98273
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top