Mount Vernon, WA

Posted April 22, 2015
SFLC/SA has been a life saver for my child. Prior to coming to SFLC/SA she was bullied and her self image was taking a nose dive. She would cry every night before school and hyperventilate before entering the school building. SFLC/SA is a very safe environment. Each teacher is highly motivated,educated, caring. They treat their students as though each child was their own. The curriculum is that of the traditional public school. The students receive 2 days of instruction and then are required to complete the school work of the remaining 3 days on their own at home using the syllabus provided. My child's grades prior to coming to SFLC/SA were not poor but her GPA has increased over her time spent at SFLC/SA. I love the extra time I am able to spend with my child since she is not away at school 5days a week. My only disappointment in SFLC/SA is that they do not operate with the SA (core component) prior to the 5th grade.

Skagit Family Learning Center Mvsd 1

Posted March 31, 2015
They have undergone a lot of changes in the last year and is not like it used to be. Less emphasis on home-school & more on small public school feel and testing! The admin as changed so some changes were expected but if your a home-schooling parent you may see the differences. Mine is out of school now but I would opt to look elsewhere if I ad to go tat route again. They still have amazing teachers so that is a perk along with small classrooms. They are very crowded as they don't have a bi building for the occupancy tat they have.

Skagit Family Learning Center Mvsd 2

Posted April 22, 2013
If you are looking for homeschool environment this is not it. If you are looking for an alternative to public high school, this is not it. SFLC is just another public school - just smaller. But, if you want help for younger kids it is a good resource. There are some good teachers there.

Posted February 11, 2013
Well we went a year or so ago and we loved it. My son got positive interaction with the teachers and the children. We opted out for a year to try to see what medias worked best for his learning style. The counselors and staff were very helpful.

Posted May 21, 2009
SFLC is a great program for homeschoolers. Not only does it offer flexibility to homeschoolers, but also support and community. My children get to attend classes there, while at the same time having all the advantages of homeschooling. One of the best parts of this program are the people who run the program. To say that they are nice is an understatement. They are truly kind and caring people that go out of their way to make the program work for you and your family. I highly recommend the Skagit Family Learning Center.

Posted May 05, 2008
This is a great plave to get assistance in teaching you child. The teachers are great for you and your child to learn and grow with.

Posted September 19, 2007
Great homeschool/ school district venture. My daughter loves the small number of student in her classes (6-12), the class flexibility, the maturity of the other students, the trust the teachers and staff have in the students, the envolvement of the parents, the relaxed, homey feeling in the offices and the personal attention she's able to recieve while, at the same time, maintaining the independence she's accustomed to. The variety of classes, especially in the higher grades, could improve and I expect they will as time goes on and the school has time to settle into it's relatively new role in the community. I would highly recommend this school to any homeschooler, especially for the self-motivated, independent, perhaps gifted and/or learning disabled (it's go at your own speed)....and any homeschool parent wanting their child to experience the 'traditional' classroom setting, while being able to participate in the process.

Posted June 15, 2007
This is a WONDERFUL school. It take a lot of dedication but the benefits are well worth it. Our 3rd grader is thriving here when it was like pulling teeth to drag him out the door to go to school B-4. We have some challenges with the homeschooling part (his dedication) and his activity level by being home all day. We know to work threw those and have a lot of support @ SFLC for those (We're loosing our mind) days! Great school, they have us another year next year. :)

2001 Cleveland Ave, Mount Vernon, WA  98273
Last modified Skagit Family Learning Center Mvsd is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skagit Family Learning Center Mvsd Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top