Mtlk Terrace, WA

Terrace Park School 2

Posted June 09, 2014
This school has great potential. The challenge teachers in 1st, 2nd and 5th grade are amazing! 3rd and 4th grade challenge was not so great. The school is lacking in the feeling of community and family events. PTA does as much as they can and really puts on some good events and supports the teachers, but they do not get much support from the majority of parents or staff. Parent involvement is very lacking and not having a room parent or some sort of class parent program has been frustrating. We have experienced a very big communication problem most years we have been at this school. I wish this school had a warmer, more involved, community feeling. It has not been the elementary school experience I wanted or thought I was getting for my kids. The education portion has been fairly good, but the other aspects of elementary school are lacking.

Posted May 06, 2012
We've been with Terrace Park for 9 years now, first with my son and now my daughter will be in 5th grade next year. Every teacher has been great at communicating with me about academic concerns and any behavior issues and helping me by working together to find the best solutions. The staff are some of my favorite people, always friendly and helpful. The PTA over the years has always had strong leadership and a good support system of parent volunteers. I have loved it and will miss everyone dearly when my daughter goes to middle school. Luckily I still get two more years at this school!!!!

Posted April 14, 2010
Terrace Park is a great community school, with involved parents, inspired teachers, and great kids. Their Challenge Program is fantastic, and really gives the kids an extra boost to their education.

Posted April 14, 2010
Terrace Park is a fantastic school with wonderful teachers that truly care about their students. The curriculum and attention is superior to other schools in the area.

Posted January 24, 2010

Posted October 07, 2009
Diversity - traditional program-gifted program-life skills all housed in one - I don't think you will easily find such a wide range of different interest and demographics all thriving effectively together and supporting each other's differences; Hard working parent volunteers - staff - students. Environmentally designed school with native plants and rain water capture.

Posted October 07, 2009
Great staff, involved parents, high standards, diverse student body...what more could you ask for in a school. Terrace Park has been exactly what my two daughters needed. It is head and shoulders above the other schools that they have attended.

Posted October 07, 2009
Terrace Park has a great playground built with the financial support of the community and families. The highly capables program and teachers are fantastic.

Posted October 07, 2009
Terrace Park is a wonderful school, the teachers really create and foster a warm and safe place for the kids to spend their days.

Posted October 06, 2009
Terrace Park is the best school. My daughter has attended others, but we have never been at a place with such supportive, wonderful and gifted staff. From the principal, the teachers and the support staff. Their ultimate goal is quality education and environment for every student.

Terrace Park School
5409 228th St SW, Mtlk Terrace, WA  98043
Last modified Terrace Park School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terrace Park School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top