Newcastle, WA

Posted January 20, 2013
I am an educator who works at Renton Academy. I noticed it's been over 1.5 years since anyone has submitted a review of Renton Academy. I am pleased to write that we are continuing to serve students through the philosophical framework of Re-EDucation. We are now in our 7th year, and our leadership, staff, students and academic programming are all sources of great pride for me.

Posted May 16, 2011
This school is amazing. The staff are to be commended for every ounce of effort they put into their jobs everyday. These incredibly caring and selfless people go into work each day to help children that are victims of circumstance. These students have been passed over, marginalized, and rejected at every turn deemed hopeless yet Renton Academy's amazing staff works to show these students that they have worth, are capable learners, and work with them endlessly to improve their lives and futures. I hope that Renton Academy will be able to continue their work for many years to come. Working with EBD students is a task that is greater than many can imagine and Renton Academy, its administration, teachers, and staff should be recognized for the important work that they do.

Posted March 24, 2011
I live down the road from this school, and have seen the school garden that the students and teachers have been working on, looks great! I often walk by and see students and teachers working in the garden. Last summer I saw teachers watering it and weeding it, definitely a beautiful garden to wander through in our community.

Posted March 04, 2011
As the daughter of two life-long teachers, my parents and I have been incredibly impressed with the Renton Academy and their team of educational professionals. Here is a school with highly trained and compassionate educators working with children who have severe emotional and behavioral disabilities. These are children who have been unable to cope in a standard school/classroom who now have the potentially life-changing opportunity to learn in an environment of compassionate educators who are trained in the highly successful Re-Education philosophy. The Renton Academy should be held up as a shining example that children really can succeed, even with difficult emotional and behavioral disabilities, if they have the right environment and well-educated teachers.

Posted March 04, 2011
Renton Academy makes a significant difference in the education of students with emotional and behavioral disabilities. EBD students have special needs and too often do not receive the class room and school environment designed to provide the best education every student deserves. The re-education philosophy used at Renton Academy is successful and has been recognized by many as providing an important education for EBD students. Thank you Renton Academy for all the great work and difference you are making with these very special students.

Posted March 04, 2011
The program at Renton Academy has an amazing, highly educated group of teachers who choose to work with some of the most difficult students in the Renton School district. The work that this wonderful group of people takes on daily reflects in the positive changes that are seen in the students. It would be easy to turn a head and forget that their are those out there that need a little extra supports in their lives in order to reach their goals, Thank goodness the staff at Renton Academy are there to lead the way!

Renton Academy 1

Posted November 20, 2010
I live down the street from this school, and I thought that I should post about what I see here on a regular basis. I often see students (and usually very large students, I might mention) punching walls and doors. I have also seen: students crawling out a window, yelling at teachers, saying swear words in front of families walking by, and students escaping into the neighborhood. It would be nice if the school personnel made some effort towards keeping the misbehavior away from the front of the school, as there is a sidewalk right in front of it that children walking to Hazelwood Elementary use. I REALLY wish that the school district would use this building for something else! The only good thing that I can say is that there seem to be only a few students.

Renton Academy 1

Posted September 28, 2010
Get your kid out! Violence is dangerous there! little therapeutic benefits. nearly ruined my child's life. I had to pick 1 star, but would pick none!

Posted September 22, 2009
A unique and wonderful place. Finally, my grandson is really learning!

Renton Academy