Marvista Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2014
This Office staff at this school has little concern for students with actual learning disabilities. They tend to put things on the back plate based on students age. With little concern that with out receiving the help they need they will just continue to fall furthered behind. It was brought to my attention that my daughter was far behind the rest of the class in Kindergarten even though she was receiving the max amount of one on one help from parent volunteers. I was told that they did not have summer school for kindergartners. She is now in first grade and has received intervention since the beginning of the year and has made improvements but non the less still behind. At the beginning of the year I told the teacher she has dyslexia and needs testing for SE. She said the process takes a long time. When they refused based on age. I went to the Head Director of SE. Signed the letter and she will be tested for SE. I also got a specialist to evaluate her and confirm that she has dyslexia. This school councilor refuses to ask teachers to read up on learning disabilities. If they did more students could get the help they need to succeed. My advice do not stop until you are herd.

Marvista Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Marvista Elementary School has high standards which they set for their students. I like the group support that I get there. If I have any trouble with bullies of school work, I am sure to get the help that I need in a timely fashion. I feel that every school can improve periodical. I think that we could use more peer group times or day for 3rd and 4th graders. I also think that the anti-bullying rules and education on it should be implemented more often, beginning with kindergartners on up.

Posted August 22, 2012
This is a beautiful school, recently remodeled. So far the teachers have been great, the resource teachers especially good. We've had a couple different principals, we really enjoy the one we have now. The parents seem active in the PTA

Posted March 31, 2011
The staff, teachers, PTSA, and parents combine to provide a great environment for our children to go learn and have fun. They have addressed the one issue we had when our daughter started there 4 years ago when they replaced the old building with a new one offering a state of the art facility to go with the rest of the good things. I wish every school could be like this one. We have 2 in school there now and another that will start in Fall of 2012. The PTSA just raised over $100k towards supporting the school during their every other year auction event.

Marvista Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Great teachers, highly involved parents, beautiful neighborhood and school.

Posted August 11, 2009
My son truely enjoys Marvista, the teachers, environment, friends and community support. The PTSA does a great job of representing the parents, teachers and students and ensuring we stay connected. The Auction is a wonderful way to support extracurricular academic programs that the School district doesn't have the funds to support. Programs like Arts Block, Band, Marimba, Chess Club, Math Club, Circus Club, Accelerated Reader and Math Programs, Camp Waskowitz, Sports fields, laptops, library books, etc. As much as people feel the auction can be overwhelming, it only goes back to supporting our greatest assets, our children!

Posted June 06, 2009
I first must say that upon enrolling my daughter in our neighborhood school Marvista I felt really apprehensive. I felt alot of concern that the school didn't have a very diverse student body, but also didn't boast a diverse teaching staff either. Surprise, surprise! Although, I would still argue that diversity is part of the learning experience, my daughter has had the best first grade experience with Mrs. Adlum (WONDERFUL TEACHER!!) She also loves the librarian and has made so many really cool friends! This school for my family has been awesome. Oh yeah! the academics far succeed the other elementary school that my eldest child attends. I really like this school!

Marvista Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
Academics are above averag. Too bad PTSA doesn't promote more family activies such as dances, movie night, carvinals ect. Seems to me they are more into the auction which is for the adults then doing things for the children.

Posted November 30, 2008
Great school! Great parent involvement! Great school administration! Auctions earn money for things needed that the school district cannot provide. This little elementary school's auctions earn more than local private schools!

Posted March 09, 2008
Looking forward to the opening of the new school!

Marvista Elementary School
19800 Marine View Dr SW, Normandy Park, WA  98166
Last modified Marvista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marvista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top