Bad
Good

I love North Bend. The teachers and administration have been very caring and open. They have a special early literacy program for struggling readers, which is fantastic. They are not intense about homework, for kindergarten and even first grade, mostly it focuses on reading. They provide access to the IXL program for extra at home math work. I am a big fan.

This is school is top notch, just like the other reviewers have said... except for *one* thing. The amount of homework given is too much and too soon. Kindergarteners have homework totaling 30 minutes, ditto for 1st graders. The 2nd graders have homework of almost an hour by the time you add up the typical times for the different things they are supposed to do (for reference, these are all times the *teacher* told me it was supposed to take, it can and does take longer sometimes if the child is struggling with the concepts.) I once saw a 4th grader sobbing out loud with no concern for who might see or hear him. I was told by another kid that was due to the amount of homework he had, although the kid talking to me couldn't say how much it was. I was really taken aback and worried. Now, I did have homework in 2nd grade myself (never in K or 1st). I had 15-20 minutes worth of a spelling worksheet. That was it, and honestly it was more than enough. After being at school all day my brain was usually fried and although I sat their dutifully and worked as hard as I could, I was almost always exhausted by the end. Take away the high amounts of homework and this is a solid 5/5

I attended NBE and my teenager did as well I have plenty of background and experience with the school. I would have to agree that the school is superior to others I have gone to or put my children in. I am home and that is what NBE feels like HOME :)

I am highly impressed with the school overall, but especially their special education dept. Sally Combs and her aides do an exceptional job for our kids and the rest of the school has gone out of their way to not only accomodate but make our kids feel welcome! Kudos NBE!

Last modified North Bend Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.