Bad
Good

Excellent middle school with great families and a sense of community. Teachers are helpful but in addition they actually guide kids how to take the reigns on their education. This is not an elementary school. Its not constant hand holding and I appreciate that because it's helped my kids to be independent. I don't think they have a hands off approach at all. They give you all the resources and tools to drive your education. They just won't do everything for you since these kids are becoming young adults and it's the right time to give them a little bit more responsibility. I've been impressed, happy and have felt that my boys have been supported. They also have a lot of fun too. I appreciate the counselors who call to make suggestions to move classes to find a good fit and teachers who are willing to help with homework and make school fun for these kids.

I agree with the person above. My son as well started 6th grade this year. He missed school due to illness. It has been a hassle to get him caught up. I feel the teachers do not care if he passes or fails. One of his teachers had another child in class keep track of his homework with no explaination on how to do it and he was missing some papers. When he asked for help he was ignored. It took me showing up to school to get them to help him figure out what he was to do.another teacher gave out a math test that most of the class failed. Then told them they could retake it on their own time. Obviously if your whole class failed you did not do your job teaching. I have to stay on the teachers with constant emails to get them to grade his late assignments and figure when they have time to give him the tests he missed. Beyond frustrated. I work full time and if I was at home I would pull him out to home school him. I am doing half the teaching at home anyways.

Twin Falls MS is a great middle school, which two of my children attend. Strong teachers there care about the students and collaborate with other teachers to maximize their lesson plans & support struggling students. Students in Natural Helpers and Key Clubs participate in meaningful community service. It's award-winning music program gets kids excited about music!

Its a pretty good school but i feel the teachers take a hands off approach for the students. Many times that my son has tried to stay after school he hasnt been able to get any help beacause teachers are always too busy. The athletic programs are good but kids say the coaches arent the best. And the food gives my son bad gas.

My son started 6th grade this year, and while he always made good grades, and is very bright, he is failing. The Teachers take a hands off approach and expect him to figure out how he can catch up, and expect him to make an appointment to speak with them. He is 11, but they claim to be grooming the students for high school. The teachers are not at all helpful and in fact did not even inform me he was failing. His problem is with 6 missing homework assignments. This has given him F's in the four main academic classes. I have requested make up home work and teacher meetings. They claim to take a hands off approach leave the problem to the student. Welcome to middle school U ?

Excellent working atmosphere and collaborative staff. Teachers and staff are very committed to each other and the students and parents of the community.

Last modified Twin Falls Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.