Oak Harbor, WA
After care: No

Posted March 25, 2014
We have been in oak harbor over 4 years and my children have been there for kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades. The teachers are great and a friendly staff. I highly recommend enrolling your children in Crescent Harbor Elementary. Sad to be leaving soon!! But a great few years here!

Crescent Harbor Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2012
We just transferred away and we miss Crescent Harbor so much. The Principal is SO nice and caring and remembers all her kids. She even brought homework home to our house for my daughter when she was sick for a week. Now THAT is a great staff ! My daughter went to K, 1st and Second there and my son went to K there. I cannot describe how caring these teachers are. The school facilities themselves are not fancy or recently upgraded etc. But - the school reminds me of when I was in elementary school where all the teachers loved you first and taught you second. As a military mom - I really appreciate that because our kids need that a lot when they move so much. Love love love everyone there. I just wish more parents volunteered there because they need more badly.

Posted March 11, 2011
I have two children currently enrolled in this school (this is their 3rd year at this school), and I must say it is an excellent school. The teachers, staff, principal, aides, everyone is so caring and concerned about the children. My kids have quite a bit of homework, but are excelling academically here. I have only good things to say about Crescent Harbor Elementary, and would highly recommend this school.

Posted April 26, 2010
I just read someones review from Sept. 9th, 2008. I feel like her complaints are a little outrageous. First of all if some of these parents volunteered at the school they would know that is not true. I have volunteered at CHE for 2 yrs and I think the staff is wonderful. They don't have a choice on the prices or the meal plan. It is from the state and the district. If someone doesn't like the menu they should pack their childs lunch for that day or for the whole year. They do help with supplies. I have seen teachers buy for the kids out of their own pockets. So I think this lady was a bit unfair. I think the school is wonderful. I would put my kids here again.

Posted July 07, 2009

Crescent Harbor Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2009
Our daughter has attended CHE for second and third grade. She seems to be learning, enjoys her classes, and likes her teachers. For the most part, I think the school is decent, but wish there was more communication between the teachers and parents prior to a child falling behind. The events the school throws have typically been haphazard and poorly planned. The school/teachers could also attempt be a little more tidy and professional with the internal appearance of the building (It is always seems to be messy and poorly kept.) If we hadn't moved so many times already, we would probably have tried transferred into another school.

Posted October 22, 2008
With four children and my spouse being transfered several times we have got to sample many types of elementary schools. I have a daughter that attended Crescent Harbor Elementary from first grade through fifth grade, I also have a son who had gone to there from kindergarten through the third grade. I have never found a school who was so caring, and personable. My son has an medical condition and needed special care. This school has been the only one to go up and above taking care of him. My daughter and son were taught so well my daughter now in middle school is taking high school classes. Safety and discipline were always great and done with a such caring from the BEST principal I will ever meet. We are tranfering back and I will be asking for my younger children to be placed at Crescent Harbor.

Crescent Harbor Elementary School 0

Posted October 16, 2008
I feel that this school is doing well. I also feel that the principal is very nice and devoted to his job. I do hope that the school earns enough money to get new playground equipment. Michelle Tuzzolo

Crescent Harbor Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2008
The childerns lunch is over priced, and they get nothing. My Kids have come home hungry everyday. The school supply list is hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, and when it is taken to school, it is put into a class ben for all to use. The lunch time that the kids have to eat is 10 minutes, and they only get 2 recesses, the morning break is down in class and it is not a break, they get to eat their snacks while doing school work. I am new to the neighborhood, and my kids have been to a few schools due to a lot of moving, and I have never found a school so outrageous as this one. My husband and I are very unhappy and are even considering hiring a private teacher for our 2 sons.

Posted August 02, 2008
Crescent Harbor offers more than a minimal education experience. The staff is committed to nurturing the whole child and meeting their needs.

Crescent Harbor Elementary School
330 East Crescent Harbor Rd, Oak Harbor, WA  98277
Last modified Crescent Harbor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crescent Harbor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top