Oakville, WA

Posted June 14, 2014
Oakville is a school with great kids and a community that cares for them. Teachers must care and be professional and not be self centered. Being a small district is hard for some to handle. 99% of the teachers don't live in the community. Many who begin there use it as a way to get a year's experience and then move on. They don't have the commitment to the school, students, or community.

Oakville High School 1

Posted June 08, 2014
Oakville High School has many problems. Due to bad leadership at the district level, students are able to run wild, skip their classes, curse at teachers and worse with very few consequences. Teachers are blamed when students fail, even if the students rarely attend school. The academic standards are so low that all graduates have to take remedial courses in college. As a parent, I would send my child to school elsewhere.

Oakville High School 2

Posted February 26, 2014
Oakville High is a very outstanding little community when you drive thru. If you happen to spend time there you will find that it is a very depressed town, low income level. Most children do not live with their biological patents, Majority live on the reservation with native Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles.This is a main cause for poor scholastics, guardians tend to put these kids on a podium, majority are tardy daily, unexcused absences, low low grades, poor State test scores. I'm sure some are being pushed thru the system without being eligible, a multitude of serious issues equals failure. Noway are they ready for college, the 1 student counselor does not possibly have enough time to work with every child is in need.Its a poverty stricken school. Parents get a grip , superintendent wake up, Lets do our job and take some ownership of the students, discipline is necessary!, they cant play sports with F's, nor graduate with insufficient amount of passing credits. The school is the only thing Oakville has so lets go!! Be Proud . Staff continue to work hard! Go Acorns

Posted February 25, 2014
I recently visited Oakville school for a K9 Nosework (NACSW) competition. I was tremendously impressed by the student artwork and writings on the "Spirit Bear" project, displayed in a main hallway. The depth, insight and sensitivity shown were truly amazing! Not knowing who Cole Matthews was, I did some research and discovered he may be inside many of those students. Very profound.

Oakville High School 5

Posted January 04, 2009
Oakville school is the most awesomest school ever

Posted September 12, 2007
this school is a great school, it is small but we make due with what we have. teachers are willing to help the students and get evolved with them. the one thing that's so great about being a small school is that you know everybody and you can get the help you need. we have all had our struggles and we over came them with guidance.

Posted July 13, 2006
My oservation comes from the perspective of the wife of an educator at OHS. When he first began teaching at OHS it was daily that he heard

Oakville High School 3

Posted October 12, 2005
I have graduated from O.H.S. and it was said to me, that kids from schools like O.H.S. don't amount to anything. I want to differ. O.H.S. taught me to achieve success. Because the classes are small, students get full attention from their teachers, teachers sincerely care about the student's learning.

Oakville High School 1

Posted September 18, 2005
I have graduate from Oakville. I feel that the education that I received was very poor. Many teachers are not confident in their subjects and classrooms present a laid-back environment. Their are not many benefits for children who are educated in the School District. It seems that their is a major lack of communication from the teachers and principal with the parents. I have put in numerous phone calls with the Principal and some teachers and yet I get no communication in return. The sports program is extremely minimal. I am sure that their are some teachers that really are doing their best.

Oakville High School 2

Posted September 16, 2005
However much we would like to see change this middle and high school is just not getting there. Postivie parenting gets shot down, children are not rewarded for positive change but are covered in attention for negative actions. Lets see more positve thinking in the leadership of Oakville Middle School and Oakville High School. Thank you to the Elementry School has embraced positive ideas and for listening to the parents of Oakville. Leadership makes the difference. Stand up for your children and let leadership know that you want positive changes in your school!

Oakville High School
103 School St, Oakville, WA  98568
Last modified Oakville High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top