Oakville, WA

Posted June 14, 2014
Oakville is a school with great kids and a community that cares for them. Teachers must care and be professional and not be self centered. Being a small district is hard for some to handle. 99% of the teachers don't live in the community. Many who begin there use it as a way to get a year's experience and then move on. They don't have the commitment to the school, students, or community.

Oakville High School 1

Posted June 08, 2014
Oakville High School has many problems. Due to bad leadership at the district level, students are able to run wild, skip their classes, curse at teachers and worse with very few consequences. Teachers are blamed when students fail, even if the students rarely attend school. The academic standards are so low that all graduates have to take remedial courses in college. As a parent, I would send my child to school elsewhere.

Posted February 25, 2014
I recently visited Oakville school for a K9 Nosework (NACSW) competition. I was tremendously impressed by the student artwork and writings on the "Spirit Bear" project, displayed in a main hallway. The depth, insight and sensitivity shown were truly amazing! Not knowing who Cole Matthews was, I did some research and discovered he may be inside many of those students. Very profound.

Oakville High School 5

Posted January 04, 2009
Oakville school is the most awesomest school ever

Posted September 12, 2007
- a former student
this school is a great school, it is small but we make due with what we have. teachers are willing to help the students and get evolved with them. the one thing that's so great about being a small school is that you know everybody and you can get the help you need. we have all had our struggles and we over came them with guidance.

Oakville High School 3

Posted September 06, 2007

Oakville High School 5

Posted January 09, 2007

Posted July 13, 2006
My oservation comes from the perspective of the wife of an educator at OHS. When he first began teaching at OHS it was daily that he heard

Oakville High School 3

Posted October 12, 2005
- a former student
I have graduated from O.H.S. and it was said to me, that kids from schools like O.H.S. don't amount to anything. I want to differ. O.H.S. taught me to achieve success. Because the classes are small, students get full attention from their teachers, teachers sincerely care about the student's learning.

Oakville High School 1

Posted September 18, 2005
- a former student
I have graduate from Oakville. I feel that the education that I received was very poor. Many teachers are not confident in their subjects and classrooms present a laid-back environment. Their are not many benefits for children who are educated in the School District. It seems that their is a major lack of communication from the teachers and principal with the parents. I have put in numerous phone calls with the Principal and some teachers and yet I get no communication in return. The sports program is extremely minimal. I am sure that their are some teachers that really are doing their best.

Oakville High School
103 School St, Oakville, WA  98568
Last modified Oakville High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top