Bad
Good

This school seems like a good school to go to when you first walk into the door, but if actually isn't. My child has gone through trouble with teachers, but it was not my child's fault. Jefferson Middle School is the most diverse middle school in the Olympia School District. This means that there are many different races and cultures. My child, who is Asian, was accused of kicking, hitting, punching, and verbally abusing students (in other words, swearing). My child does NOT do this. According to my child, some teachers randomly come up to him and yell at him and say "Stop Doing ......" My child would then reply "I did not do ______, I am not _______" The teacher would then reply "Stop lying!" Once, a teacher approached my child and said not kick people and acted it out. This was very rude, my child was born in America. I went in to talk to the teacher and the teacher then replied " All Asians Look Alike" I was offended of course because first of all, this was a racist statement and second, my son does not look like the student who is making trouble around the school. Even though my child has repeatedly asked to transfer to Marshall Middle School, but it is just too far.

My children are honor roll students they have excelled beyond my expectations at Jefferson. The teachers, staff and principal are wonderful. The band teacher Mr. Holder is so funny and Mrs Kristi Smith the english teacher is Awesome! I am excited to have them attend in the fall.

I have two children one in the 6th and 7th grade, this is their first year at Jefferson. This school has made it so easy for my children to transition into a new middle school. The orientation was very informative and welcoming for my children. They also had a open house the day before school we took our children to all the classes and met the teachers. They even had a BBQ for the families. Their after school programs are wonderful. I just love this school!!

Most people that have reviewed this school aren't aware of the poor treatment and discipline the school administration has directed toward the students. I'm not kidding here. My son has ADHD/ADD and was bullied a lot after moving to this school in the 6th grade. By the time it was October, I had to transfer him to the other middle school (Marshall Middle School) that was nearby. After talking to some parents, I found that a lot of kids that live near Jefferson were transferred to a different school due to the issues they were having -- especially with grading, discipline, and unfair treatment from the administration. If you talk to the people at Marshall Middle School, you'll hear the gossip from the kids about the big bad Jefferson kids and all the horror stories from the parents, teachers, and substitutes. If you can, please place your child in another school.

This is the school I go to. and its pretty amazing. Great teachers, steady safety/discipline (which I personally they overdo) and nice kids. :]

Jefferson Middle School is a pretty cool place for the most part. The teachers are nice but they need to communicate better.

My daughter transitioned very well into Jefferson Middle School. She appeared to struggle more in grade school, but when she entered Jefferson, things really started to make sense. She is in 7th grade, she's motivated, and doing as well and is exceeding our expectations. Jefferson is a very clean school, and the staff appear to have it running pretty smooth.

Last modified Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.