Bad
Good

Posted August 27, 2012
Roosevelt Elementary is a WONDERFUL school! My grandson came to live with me [unexpectedly] and started the 2nd grade at Roosevelt. He was VERY behind in all his subjects, and yet with special assistance went from reading at barely first grade level to almost third grade level! I always had excellent communication with his teacher. It was almost embarrassing how often I had to email her with questions or update her on situations that were occurring at home. She always responded to me very quickly and kindly. The office staff as well as the school librarian are also very warm and friendly. You can tell the whole school works as a team and a well oiled machine - obviously under the supervision and guidance of their fantastic principal, affectionately known as "Mr. DSK" by the kids. I really can't say enough about this superior school!

Posted April 11, 2012
Sell your house and move to the Roosevelt area! (That s what we did!) It s the only sure way you can get your children into Roosevelt. The teachers and staff are genuinely caring and friendly. (But the lunch servers are sometimes grumpy.) The principal Mr. Spatola-Knoll, affectionately known as "Mr. DSK" by the kids, is WONDERFUL. He supports his staff, listens and works with parents, and is GREAT with this students. You can tell that Mr. DSK and the Roosevelt staff love what they do. The reading program is PHENOMENAL. My daughter entered Roosevelt in 2nd grade from an Olympia alternative school . She entered Roosevelt below grade level, but after only one year at Roosevelt she was reading way above grade level and developed a love of reading! My son, a slow learner, screened into the all day kindergarten class but is now at grade level in ALL subjects. We are happy we made the switch to Roosevelt for both our children. You too should come to Roosevelt if you want a school that is welcoming, values parent volunteers, and where children will learn how to read.

Posted July 30, 2010
Great school: involved teachers, especially principal. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and participate in school's life

Posted May 12, 2010
We love this school! This is our youngest child's last year at Roosevelt before he goes to middle school. The teachers are kind and respectful, and the school is very welcoming. The principal Mr. DSK is great. He takes the time to talk and listen to kids and parents. There is a real sense of community here. I am so glad we bought a house near Roosevelt!

Posted October 06, 2007

Roosevelt Elementary School

Posted September 19, 2007
Roosevelt is just a wonderful school! We have nothing but positive things to say about it. They really seem to care that each and every child gets a great education.

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2006
My children both love going to school every day. The teachers and staff are both nurturing and provide appropriate boundaries for learning. Roosevelt has a high level of integration for children with special needs being placed directly into the classrooms. This has given my children a greater appreciation and understanding of friendship, empathy and differences in our community and world. Sometimes the teachers are under too much pressure for their students to meet the highest standards for good WASL reports. This is sometimes transferred to my children in the way of stress when learning to read. As far as the inside scoop, this may sound negative, but it is a very small bit of Roosevelt. Overall, I would say it is the best in town for well-rounded students, staff and learning.

Posted March 07, 2006
My son loves attending Roosevelt Elementary and the staff is excellent. I would put this school right up there with any private elementary. There is a chemistry that is evident with the staff, students & parents and I'm thrilled to have my son attending Roosevelt School.

Posted April 01, 2005
Roosevelt is a wonderful school with an excellent staff. We are especially pleased with the reading and math programs. The school appears to have a high level of parental involvement and support. Our son looks forward to attending Roosevelt each day and seems to have very positive interactions with the school staff and his peers.

Roosevelt Elementary School
1417 San Francisco Ave NE, Olympia, WA  98506
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top