Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter brought a friend home to sleep over (it was a school night, other family had an emergency) and the girl had headlice visibly crawling in her hair! I notified parents that night and school staff the following morning. They did pull the one girl from class and check her head, then called home to notify parents that treatment was recommended. They did not check classmates or other children she may have had contact with. They also are continuing to allow her in school even though the lice has not yet been removed. When I question staff about it, they are rude and make excuses as to why it isn't being addressed appropriately. This is by far the worst school my daughter has attended. Two years in a row her teacher has over scheduled conferences and ours is always the one that gets pushed back! It's ridiculous!

This is the best elementary school my girls have ever been in. We are military and move a lot. My girls always felt welcomed and the teaching is wonderful. It still has that small hometown feeling, but with up to date curriculum. All the other kids seem to be respectful and the school does not tolerate bullying at all. I can't believe it's only rated a 5/10. Last year it was rated 8/10 and still should be.

Best teaching staff on earth! Healthy safe campus with good curriculum... Just don't bring cupcakes.

Moved from North Thurston School District to Tumwater because of all the great things I had heard. I am not that impressed with the leadership at this school. I think the curriculum is solid and that is a plus. I do hear my daughter complain about fairness and it just seems that they let big issues slide and minor incidents become priority. It appears there may be some favoritism going on inside the school coming from the top.....

I have been at the East Olympia School almost every day for several years. I've never found the office staff to be anything but helpful and courteous. The reviewer below maligns the principal and is rude enough to actually mention her name. She has been the principal all the time I've been involved with the school and during that time East Olympia has won several state and national awards. It also has almost zero staff turnover. That doesn't happen in schools with poor leadership. My guess is the parent tried to circumvent some policy or was rude to the staff and is now throwing a tantrum because he/she didn't get his/her way. Before you place any trust in a review like that, consider how immature a parent must be to trash their own kids school because they're mad.

We're a military family, and this is the first US school our kids have attended after three overseas assignments. The teachers, administrative staff, and Principal have all worked together to help guide our kids and ease their (our) culture shock. The teachers' team approach to classes has worked well for my 5th grader. The kindergarten classes accomplish so much in a short time; our 6 year old is reading and writing now at the end of his K year. Bullying is addressed immediately and followed up with the Principal each time. The classrooms are not oversized, with about a 22:1 ratio in our kids' rooms. We were worried about our kids' integration into the US school system, but this team of educators has allayed any hesitation we had. We are returning for next year with a 6th, 1st, and Kindergartner.

We are not impressed one bit :/, very poor leadership at this school amongst many other issues this past year.

not very happy with the overall school from the way problems are handled administrative side. the teachers are nice but too many student to teacher ratio to get the personalized attention students need.

The students are well grounded, the teachers are compassionate and challenging, the principal is well liked and well known among the students, the staff is kind and helpful, and families (not just parents) are regularly involved in activities at school. My kids have blossomed greatly after moving here from another district. The difference was astounding.

My child started in this school Febuary2011. In just the few months of attending her reading improved alot. My child is sometimes hard to deal with I find the staff have always treated my child fair and find ways to deal with the melt downs my child has. I love this school and hope my child can attend for the elementary years.

Last modified East Olympia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.