Olympia, WA

Posted May 16, 2014
We're a military family, and this is the first US school our kids have attended after three overseas assignments. The teachers, administrative staff, and Principal have all worked together to help guide our kids and ease their (our) culture shock. The teachers' team approach to classes has worked well for my 5th grader. The kindergarten classes accomplish so much in a short time; our 6 year old is reading and writing now at the end of his K year. Bullying is addressed immediately and followed up with the Principal each time. The classrooms are not oversized, with about a 22:1 ratio in our kids' rooms. We were worried about our kids' integration into the US school system, but this team of educators has allayed any hesitation we had. We are returning for next year with a 6th, 1st, and Kindergartner.

East Olympia Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2014
We are not impressed one bit :/, very poor leadership at this school amongst many other issues this past year.

East Olympia Elementary School 2

Posted November 04, 2013
not very happy with the overall school from the way problems are handled administrative side. the teachers are nice but too many student to teacher ratio to get the personalized attention students need.

Posted January 10, 2013
The students are well grounded, the teachers are compassionate and challenging, the principal is well liked and well known among the students, the staff is kind and helpful, and families (not just parents) are regularly involved in activities at school. My kids have blossomed greatly after moving here from another district. The difference was astounding.

Posted October 20, 2011
My child started in this school Febuary2011. In just the few months of attending her reading improved alot. My child is sometimes hard to deal with I find the staff have always treated my child fair and find ways to deal with the melt downs my child has. I love this school and hope my child can attend for the elementary years.

East Olympia Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2008

East Olympia Elementary School 3

Posted December 10, 2008

Posted October 08, 2008
My child has gone to EOE for 7 years and she couldn't have a better school!

Posted November 08, 2007
This is a great school!! I have a sixth grader who started EOE as a kindergartner and at third grader as well. Both of my children are very different and have completely opposite needs both socially and educationally,East Olympia has done an excellent job accommodating them and teaching them the value of being life long learners. The third grade Salmon Curriculum is outstanding. As long as you are looking for a school to educate your child and not parent them you will be happy with this school.

East Olympia Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2007
We were very unhappy with this school and have since decided to home-school. The problem is likely more system-wide than just this school. The 'no child left behind' and lack of funding has created schools where learning is no longer encouraged only memorization, worksheets, and crowded classrooms. Teachers are either burned out, don t care, or are too new and young to know any better. The lack of thought provoking stimulation in school and the lack of parents out of school have created bored and defiant children. We looked at some of the better rated schools in the area both in district and out of district. The ones we liked had lotteries or long waiting lists. More charter schools are needed in the area.

East Olympia Elementary School
8700 Rich Rd, Olympia, WA  98501
Last modified East Olympia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Olympia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top