Olympia, WA
After care: No

Posted September 21, 2014
We have had our children at St. Michael for over ten years. St. Michael is like our second family. Not only are the teachers excellent, but they come to me with great stories about each individual child. They love their students. At St. Michael, students learn their prayers & their faith, attend regular masses, and participate in various service projects to help the community. We have a Christmas Program where the Kindergartners perform their version of the Nativity Story - it is always a highlight of our Christmas season. The students here consistently test at higher levels than the other local schools in both reading and math. Cursive is taught in second grade, we read with the AR reading program, use the Passport Club to learn geography, and have a new math curriculum this year. The community, also, is exceptional and has jumped in to help families who are struggling with illness, job losses, or separations. I highly recommend this wonderful place for children to learn and grow.

St Michael School 4

Posted September 02, 2014
St. Michael school is fantastic. The teachers are of high quality, leading by example and always with energy. They are all well trained and are devoted to God and to teaching his word. Another plus about St. Mikes is the incredible test scores the students who attend there receive. As far as quality education goes, this school is very high up there. I would like to see more recreational options being excitedly offered to the kids, such as opportunities for students to explore drama, orchestra and other musical groups, arts clubs, etc. It seems to be lacking in electives.

Posted August 28, 2014
I have seen St Michael School go through many changes over the 13 years that my children have been attending. Administrative changes, new staff members, curriculum updates, capital improvements but through it all, the motto "a family of families" remains steadfast. I have found this community to be very welcoming and accepting of families from all backgrounds. The faith-based education and dedication of the staff can't be beat.

Posted August 24, 2014
We have had a great experience at St. Mikes and I feel fortunate that we discovered this school. My son is excited for the start of the school year and we are too.

St Michael School 2

Posted August 22, 2014
As a parent I liked the small school size and was looking forward to the sense of community. A family of families as they say at St, Mikes. However, with the level of cliqueness, it is nearly impossible to be fully absorbed into the community. Private parties, private dinner clubs, groups of parents vacationing with one another, newcomers to the school WILL NOT be invited and new parents and kids feel left out. Parents of boys should be aware of the EXTREMELY aggressive middle school girls. School administration and teachers will not get involved.

Posted August 21, 2014
All ready for the new school year with classes of terrific kids, super teachers, and supportive administration all around. The graduated 8th graders from last year report that they are excited and ready for high school, many in honors classes. This year middle school English is offering an enrichment piece focusing on the high school AP readings. I can't wait to see what this wonderful school will do this year!

Posted August 20, 2014
This school and staff are amazing. The staff is dedicated to making this an excellent year for all our students and families. We are busily preparing to once again give our students an educational experience that is rewarding and challenging . As an experienced educator this is by far the best the South Sound has to offer. We are proud to partner with our faith filled parents in providing the best in a Catholic education.

Posted June 24, 2014
My child has done very well at this school. Yes, the school and church do ask for money but that is part of the package when you enroll your child in a private Catholic school so I have no problem with it especially when I see where my money is going. Wonderful caring staff and teachers, great academic standards, improvements like the covered play area, the 5th grade Shakespeare program, a deep sense of the Catholic faith, a solid anti bullying policy. It is worth every penny!

Posted June 17, 2014
I have been a parent of St. Michaels for 4 years with 4 children K-8. This school is an excellent education. They go above and beyond to help children learn. Teachers are always available to speak with a parent ANYTIME. Larges classes up to 30, yet no discipline problems because it is not accepted. it is an investment but well worth it. My child graduated as a published writer by age 13, strong in Faith, and all the skills needed to be successful in high school.

Posted June 13, 2014
Great school! We have been impressed with the new Principal. He seems to really interact well with the kids and was prompt in addressing any questions we have had. There is a real sense of community among the students and everyone feels welcome. We are glad to be part of this school!

St Michael School