K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This school is bad. There are teachers that dont know there stuff, and those who do dont teach it well at all. There is no science program. We do random labs that wont prepare us for high school.

I have a son who just finished St. Michael Parish Catholic School and is now attending Pope John Paul II High School. My daughter is currenty in 7th grade at St. Mike's. We feel that the curriculum has prepared our children well not only in academics but also in faith formation. The kids are challenged with rigorous academics and lots of homework but in addition, the school provides engaging and fun programs for music, the arts, and sports. We are grateful that this school has the desire to guide and challenge students to be "the best versions of themselves". Most importantly, the gift of St. Michael Parish School has given us the avenue to pass on our Catholic faith tradition and in doing so has deepen our faith journey as a family.

Our two daughters have been at St. Mike's since kindergarten and we have experienced nothing but joy at this school. The teachers are very approachable and provide answers to any questions - parents are encouraged to volunteer in the classrooms. The children are constantly taught about the Faith but just as importantly they see it modeled for them by the teachers, staff, and other families. The children go to Mass frequently. Test scores are high too. We have to budget to send our kids to St. Mikes and pay for aftercare too since we both work full time but to us it is more than worth the effort to have our children be well educated in mind and spirit. Our children pray during the school day, they collect food and coats for the poor, and they grow in their love of God while they learn. They play, they have music, art, computer classes, and PE. They learn to speak into a microphone in front of the entire school in kindergarten! It is a fabulous curriculum, an inviting community (get a mentor family!), and a place filled with the Holy Spirit.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I've heard over and over again from students and parents that the amount of homework is too much, burdensome, sometimes seems to be busywork and challenges families in finding time for other important activities.

Develops character: Agree

I do not have children attending this school, but I know this is integral to their mission. Additionally, Catholic catechism is integrated throughout all subjects, classes and activities at the school.

Walking onto the campus and through the school, kids seem happy, parents are visible and teachers are engaged. Catholic identity is on display with statues and religious posters etc.

High quality education in academics and the Catholic faith. I know my child is happy here and feels that his teachers care about him.

I consider sending my son to St. Michael School to be one of the best investments in time and resources that I have ever made. I am a Military spouse and have had the privilege of attending many different schools (public and private) throughout the USA. St. Michael School stands above and beyond any other! My son has received excellent academic preparation for high school and beyond, and the teachers have played a large role in in strengthening his confidence, character, leadership skills, and his Faith. The teachers and administration are both capable and devoted to the student body. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

We have had our children at St. Michael for over ten years. St. Michael is like our second family. Not only are the teachers excellent, but they come to me with great stories about each individual child. They love their students. At St. Michael, students learn their prayers & their faith, attend regular masses, and participate in various service projects to help the community. We have a Christmas Program where the Kindergartners perform their version of the Nativity Story - it is always a highlight of our Christmas season. The students here consistently test at higher levels than the other local schools in both reading and math. Cursive is taught in second grade, we read with the AR reading program, use the Passport Club to learn geography, and have a new math curriculum this year. The community, also, is exceptional and has jumped in to help families who are struggling with illness, job losses, or separations. I highly recommend this wonderful place for children to learn and grow.

St. Michael school is fantastic. The teachers are of high quality, leading by example and always with energy. They are all well trained and are devoted to God and to teaching his word. Another plus about St. Mikes is the incredible test scores the students who attend there receive. As far as quality education goes, this school is very high up there. I would like to see more recreational options being excitedly offered to the kids, such as opportunities for students to explore drama, orchestra and other musical groups, arts clubs, etc. It seems to be lacking in electives.

Last modified St Michael School is a Private school that serves grades K-8