Olympia, WA

Evergreen Christian School 2

Posted June 03, 2015
Evergreen Christian School may have been a great school at one point in time. I have two children who attend there, who will not be attending next year. My middle school aged child has been receiving a less than average academic education. This is because of high teacher turnover, and new teachers who are either not qualified to teach their subject matter, or they don't teach to a certain curriculum. Technology, math and science are particularly bad. She could have gotten a better education at a public school. There is the Christian component, which is of value, but the Christian culture at this school is falling apart, so we didn't feel that she was getting the best education in that area as well. Our other child is in elementary school there, and it is very much a "one size fits all" educational experience. Nothing but worksheets and tests--so many tests. There is no library program at this school and the technology teaching is inferior to most public schools. We are choosing a different private school for our kids. Also, the current administration was fired in May and it was well known and talked about amongst the students. This was led by the pastor of the church and it left many feeling a lack of confidence in how certain matters are handled. Low enrollment was the reason given for the dismissal of the administration, however, the problems run far deeper than that and it is no wonder the enrollment is at an all time low. There is also a lot of bullying at this school in general. Very broken culture.

Posted March 11, 2014
This school changed the path that my children were on...I'm forever grateful! It was worth all the money we spent!

Evergreen Christian School 4

Posted March 18, 2013
I am a student at Evergreen and i enjoy it overall. I have never gone to any other school before, and i have really grown in Christ at this school. If you are looking for a healthy environment for your student then send them here!!!!! Yes it is a little expensive, but totally worth it, and not nearly as expensive as other private schools. The classes can be very small, or a little on the larger size. My favorite time of year is when we have spirit week, and we can go all out and have a ton of fun. The education program is really good here, and i have excelled in the subjects that i was having a hard time in before. This school has its ups and downs, but it seems like it will soon be 'the school' to attend. The principal is amazing, and really takes time out of her day just to help the students, and she really cares for us. This school is above average, and is definitely on its way uphill. The classrooms are starting to get ipads for the students use, like educational games for the free time. The school has a few security cameras on the campus to ensure student safety and security. if you go to this school, you can also get into almost any high school. AWESOME SCHOOL!!

Evergreen Christian School 2

Posted November 15, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten, Ms. Robertson's class. Larger than public school classroom size and very structured chalkboard learning-style. Not enough hands-on, active & creative learning for my daughter. Teachers unwilling to alter teaching plan or style for indv children and requires lots of homework and parent involvement (in Kindergarten!). There is a new principal this year.

Posted November 17, 2006
Excellent school. High quality teachers and EXCELLENT Christian leadership. Tuition is reasonable.

Posted February 13, 2006
Creative teachers and a principal with great leadership skills

Posted February 13, 2006
Superior in terms of academic standards.

Posted January 16, 2006
Evergreen Christian School is a great school if you are looking for a Bible-based, Christian education for your child. Superior academics - great extra-curricular activities - excellent staff.

Posted March 29, 2005
At first I was going to just enroll my child at Kinder and go public after that. However, the quality and safe environment that Evergreen has provided to my child has made me decide to continue his schooling there. It's worth the extra $375 per month that I am paying for.

Evergreen Christian School 4

Posted November 06, 2004
This school is great to help a child develop spirtually and learn proper behavior. However, some independant thinking is not very well supported here and can prevent children from seeing things from diffrent spectrums.Also, the education they receive can develop them with less respect and tolerance for other religions and belief systems that they would otherwise be forced to learn in a diverse envirment such as a public school

Evergreen Christian School
1010 Black Lake Boulevard Southwest, Olympia, WA  98502
Last modified Evergreen Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Evergreen Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top