PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Our daughter attended Evergreen for 2 years of preschool and then continued in their full day Kindergarten. She had a great experience with wonderful teachers that truly care for the students and their families. Besides their love for the students, they have a great academic program. Our daughter was fully prepared for Kindergarten when she left their PreK. We chose to move her to the public school this year and she was way ahead of the districts expectations.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers are underqualified. They lack resources they need in order to teach. They do not have the administration support and there are no funds going into the classroom.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework? What Homework? This school does not value the extended education that is needed in the home.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school does not display honesty or integrity nor does it provide fairness to it's students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

This is a tough one. They are great people however, they are being directed by administration. Administration is not giving the teachers the tools they need in order to teach effectively. They only money the teachers get all year long is from a fall festival in September. If they don't make the money then they don't have it.

Amount of homework: Disagree

This school does not GIVE homework. I was told that because we pay tuition that they shouldn't have to do homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The leaders do NOT demonstrate honesty, integrity or fairness. When I asked to speak to the school board about the declining educational programs and the constant rate increases his response was, He did not have to answer parents questions on demand. He also told me that he does not have to explain his business as I would not go into a department store and ask how they make their jeans. He then told me that my children's enrollment was a privilege and that they did not have to be there. He was threating me for questioning what is happening with my kids education and they were asking me to pay 12 thousand dollars a year.

I had my children here for 5 years and outside of kindergarten I regret that decision. I had to pull my children because they do not offer any help for children who are struggling with disabilities. My son qualified for a full IEP in the 1st grade, Evergreen Christian School did NOT offer any services to help him, nor did they develop an educational plan for him. I was told I had to use the Olympia School District which came in once per week and gave him limited services in the areas he needed. Each year those services declined, from all areas in the first grade to one area in the 3rd grade. I could see my son struggling and no one at the school was helping him. Outside of the NO disability services the school is constantly reducing programs for the children and raising tuition. They used to have an orchestra program that was included in your tuition. The orchestra teacher quite leaving them without one and the school gave NO explanation to when they would get another one. The school fired the librarian over budget cuts and has the teachers responsible for taking the children to the library. The books there are often ripped, torn or other wise in bad condition. The children do NOT learn how to use a library the simply go in check out a book and that's it. They do not have an art program, so children are NOT learning the arts as they claim. Their annual art show are the children and families who have achieved it outside of the school. In the last two years more than 10 teachers have quite, administration was fired both an amazing principal and a vice principal. They brought in another principal who quite herself 2 years ago. she was brought in for more money than she was making at her private job. Again taking away from the kids education. The ladies who are in charge of fundraising are spouses of the school board/church board members. There is NO writing program what so ever. My 3rd grader who is now in a public school is behind in writing. He is expected to write an entire essay which is a national standard and 3rd graders over at Evergreen are not even taught how to write a simple letter. He is behind in math not because he's not smart it's because the curriculum taught at Evergreen is below national standards. The school has lost over 250 families in the last 2 years. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

The teachers truly care, the academics are outstanding, and I love the community! It is such a blessing to have my three children here.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Focus is put on a different value each month. I was amazed when our Kindergartener did something and told me she was showing integrity and then repeated the definition: "doing the right thing when no one is watching."

Last modified Evergreen Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8